Cash Shortages

Options
Faye
Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
How are cash shortages handled in your office? 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Count the drawer upon opening and closing and document the count. If it was good upon opening and bad upon closing then someone messed up during the day. Obviously an employee could forge the numbers but that's another aspect to dig into...

It's always been the employees responsibility to own up to their mistake and fix the issue in my experiences. Now i'm talking typically change amounts or a few bucks at the most. If it's something substantial it needs to be addressed with higher ups and moved forward from there rather it be employees responsibility or the company correcting it and making roper documentation of the issue. If it's a single employee who handled the drawer it's pretty cut and dry, if it's multiple employees handling the same drawer i've always done my due diligence in auditing the receipts to see who took cash payments and see if any of the amounts could provide some form of clarity to what may of happened. Typically the desk areas are on security camera which helps when you need to dig into issues as I have used timestamps of payments and watched footage to count what bills were given/returned with customers to find issues.    

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads