Is there a way to generate a E-sign Lease without moving the tenant in Sitelink?

MegumiM
MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
I have had customers from out of state rent units over the phone and we email them the E-sign Lease. I was wondering if there was a way to send a Lease without having to move them in the system? I've had several customers call early and I send them the lease but they end up cancelling. There's no way of deleting the account after a daily close so you have to process it as a move-out and credit the remainder owed. If there's no way of generating E-sign Lease without moving someone in, maybe there should be a setting where you can move someone out prior to the Move-in Date.

Best Answers

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The lease is a legal document, some states such as TX if you use bluemoon leases even charge you per lease. It's not something you should process without doing an actual move in. I've done pre-leases for years, the few times someone does end up cancelling it's a refund sent to them of whatever they may of paid minus the admin fee if they truly never used the unit. If you created your own lease to start emailing to customers so you could bypass the move in process then you are creating a legal document binding a tenant to a unit that they are not actually in your system and tied to which could bring up numerous other issues.

Just off the top of my head I could see it happening where someone does the "temp lease" for a specific unit, then another worker moves another customer into that same unit as they are not actually in your system then you have 2 people claiming the unit as theirs.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am assuming that you are collecting at least a deposit over the phone when you move them in?  Our policy is, if they turn out they do not want the unit after all, we keep the deposit and return any pre-paid rent.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Storagelife
    Storagelife Registered User ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I used to send a customer information sheet and a credit card authorization form and request 2 forms of ID. I then put them in the system send e-sign and run card on file. We have credit card Authorization form that they have to sign before I would send them the e-sign.

Answers

• MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    @Orkocean Good point, if you don't move them in the system it could definitely result in double booking.

@i43storage Yes, we collect at least the deposit when we email them the E-sign Lease. I don't take the rent payment until after the Lease is completed. Of course sometime they call and cancel the day before their move-in date and I refund them just the month of rent. It's just a pain to process a refund because you can't process the full month of rent through Sitelink after a daily close has locked it in. We use a third party not through merchant services so we can easily refund the full amount but it might not be the same for people using merchant services.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads