Reminder: Holidays bring out the thieves

Options
Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Just a friendly PSA, holidays always tend to be when thieves get the boldest it seems. We just spent half the day tracking down a xmas eve one here. Was doing my walkthru when a customer asked for assistance as their keys weren't opening their lock, so I tried assisting them to get it open but none of the keys were working so we all concluded that it was a cheap lock so the tumblers must of malfunctioned with the weather perhaps, wouldn't be the first time i've seen that happen. They authorize me to cut the lock off and low and behold their unit has been ransacked and items missing. Thankfully they come pretty regularly so it was only a weeks worth of DVR footage to comb thru since their last visit and wouldn't you know it on xmas eve we watch a nearby unit duck into their hallway then start coming out with items. They even came back later in the day during rain to get more. They cut the tenants lock off, replaced it with an identical looking one which was a off gold padlock same style and all to come back and re-access themselves. The best part is the culprits are directly in-front of a camera and we don't even need the CSI: Miami *enhance / zoom* to read their license plate. Times like these I wish we had something in the leases for a "dumba$$ clause" to charge them whatever since they're nice enough to have a CC on file. 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Update: The lovely tenants who gave us such a nice show on camera were kind enough to show back up to their own unit. Wouldn't you know it our gate just happened to stop working when they tried leaving but on the bright side it started working right when 5 of our local police showed up to introduce themselves! :smiley:  Definitely worth the 2 hours of extra time at work at the end of the day. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads