Suggestion For Notes.

GSS
GSS Registered User ✭✭✭
Hello, I have a suggestion for the Notes section. Maybe allow a "pin to top" option. So if you need to make an important note regarding the account you can have it pinned to the very top of the note section so whoever is working can quickly see an important message. 

I know you have the red notes option at the main page of a tenants account. But that is sometimes used to keep special notes attached to. 

Just a thought.
Tagged:

Comments

• jayjay
    jayjay Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I have a few customers who DO NOT want to be called with reminders.  From the Collections screen you don't see the RED note.  Maybe this would be a way to solve that problem!  Great idea
  • Christa_Gray
    Christa_Gray Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    I agree with GSS and jayjay. I was actually going to start a thread today about this, then seen this. Great suggestion! 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, many improvements to the Notes section are greatly needed.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    that is a great idea!
  • Self_Storage_Life
    Self_Storage_Life Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yes it would be nice if the note popped up when you click on tenants account. That away if you need new tenant info or something like that you would be alerted!
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    I agree! Most times my staff ignores the red notes because they're always there and they forget to see if it's a new note. But a pop up would grab their attention! 
    Great ideas!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I am ALL for this!  

It would be great to have a way (from the collections/call past dues screen) to place or pop up a big highlighted important note... like "DO NOT CALL UNTIL LAST DAY OF GRACE PERIOD"  rather then having to go into each account every time.

Even knowing that you should go into each account, it would be nice to flag certain accounts that require special treatment or handling.

Would save a lot of time and help with customer svc. issues.

• Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I Like the idea of pop up notes.  If you set a priority note it pops up every time you open the account.  That would be very helpful.
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    I agree.  It would be nice to have a way to identify important notes, via pop up or Red, in the notes section.  Right now, important notes can get so buried under other notes, you can miss them.
    An option to have a pop up alert is great, also being able to select which screen you want it to pop up on....ex: payment, Tenant Info, Notes.....one, two, three or all locations........
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I Like the idea of pop up notes.  If you set a priority note it pops up every time you open the account.  That would be very helpful.
    No matter how you open account.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have no issue with sitelink adding this feature ... as long as they set it up so that it can be opted out of ... LOL

B) .
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions... I've passed along the info and the team is discussing/reviewing options.

In the meantime, James our Corporate Trainer has recorded a brand new training video on Notes that might be helpful. It's very short and presents a quick overview on the different types on Notes in SiteLink and how they work. Check it out:

Watch SiteLink Notes training video.
  • username99
    username99 Registered User
    edited December 2018
    I’d like to see a “promise to pay date” column so when you’re making collection calls, you can quickly see if you’ve already spoken to someone and they have given a payment date. We all have those chronic late payers and this would be helpful in my opinion. Once that date passes, an alert (automated, not needing to set a reminder) would be fantastic! 

Oh, and I agree on the original post comment too, lol! 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see a “promise to pay date” column so when you’re making collection calls, you can quickly see if you’ve already spoken to someone and they have given a payment date. We all have those chronic late payers and this would be helpful in my opinion. Once that date passes, an alert (automated, not needing to set a reminder) would be fantastic! 

Oh, and I agree on the original post comment too, lol! 
    Can I like this 100 times?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Iamkathleen
    Iamkathleen Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    I would like to see a pop up to let me know if the customer has been on the auction list or been marked not to rent to again.   If a customer comes in and we scan their DL or put in their name and DL # something will pop up and let us know to check old tenants' notes.  

I try to check but it is not always possible.  
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a pop up to let me know if the customer has been on the auction list or been marked not to rent to again.   If a customer comes in and we scan their DL or put in their name and DL # something will pop up and let us know to check old tenants' notes.  

This would make our lives so much easier. Another reason this would be a great feature is because after so many years Sitelink deletes all the notes. The best course of action is to make sure to write a RED note prior to moving them out.
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    We use the email feature a lot. On move in, we explain (as nice and detailed as possible) to the customer "We do not call when you become late or even in Auction status, we will email you daily until I get a response. If they do not have a email address, I mail out notices. We are not responsible for reminding you to make your payment, thus you need to supply us with an email address. Most of our tenants prefer not to be called, which I note on the lease. We are currently setting up the SMS feature so we may interact with the tenant. 
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    MegumiM said:

This would make our lives so much easier. Another reason this would be a great feature is because after so many years Sitelink deletes all the notes. The best course of action is to make sure to write a RED note prior to moving them out.
       I have quite a few moved out accounts that make payments.  It is frustrating that the notes are gone.  Also we pull like to review notes before renting to a tenant that is returning.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads