Rainy Days...

karen700
karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
I have noticed rainy days have a tendency to make most people a tad sluggish and not terribly enthused to attack the day. I had to "make" myself get happy over doing some marketing today. Anyone else know how to combat this issue? What works for you?

Comments

• storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    I usually use those days to power clean the office, restock the envelopes, forms or toiletry supplies. Maybe organize paperwork that's been stacking up downstairs. 
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Here we are again in Texas...in the grip of another northern front with rain chances high. I can only call delinquents and clean the office so much!
    I CALL RAIN DAY!!!!! .....everyone...head for the door!!!
  • karen700
    Rainy days and Mondays always get me down........bet you were singing it....lol....I know I was....sigh....RAIN!!!!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since TX is being nice with this weather and I just took over a new site i'm learning where all the leaks are and working on what I can. Also took the down time today to go visit another property to see if they'd be interested in selling it.
  • karen700
    OMIGOSH!!!! ....1 more day of rain and then a break for 2....I could never live in Seattle! O.o
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree :))
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nonono! Not unless they still pay us for the hours. How often can you say you get paid to be bored? lol
  • karen700
    @Orkocean...This is true!  =)
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it's raining here and my office is open.......I rented a unit during the ice storm the other day.
    snow, sleet , rain... should joined the post office :)
  • karen700
    I'm basically swimming in coffee so I can think in an upright position! :p.....UGHHHH!  I know we were in a drought situation but enough already! I'm watching radar and yet another band is headed my way.  #blessedwithrain
  • karen700
    There seems to be this bright orb in the sky...shining, one might say. I know this to be a fallacy, as more rain is coming into my area this evening....MIRAGE, I say!!!  ;)  
  • Orkocean
    same.. I managed to get cleaned what I could today, re-arranged my mess of a uhaul inventory that I don't have room for due to construction and had a day without water coming into my office.. 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty here as well today, but rain for the next 2
  • karen700
    We have fog and heavy mist today....but cheer up! More rain is on the way according to the radar! YAY!! :s
  • Orkocean
    so.. are we all in Texas? lol
  • karen700
    So it would seem!  MARCO POLO CHECK!!!!   I'm in Waco....I thought one of ya'll is from Nacadoches? I probably didn't spell that right! :#
  • Orkocean
    Nacogdoches.. I was until they just transferred the wife and I. So now she runs Livingston and i'm in New Caney. 
  • karen700
    Wow....I'm assuming they aren't in neighboring towns?!
  • Orkocean
    Not too far apart.. depending on traffic I have a 35-50 min drive up and down 59 every day.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    we hardly ever have rainy days in Cali 
  • Orkocean
    *looks up out the windows*... yeah.. I think we brought the rain from TX with us when we moved to Cali.. been tons since we moved here heh.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    I live in the valley so we hardly have any but we did just get a tornado warning so that should be fun...
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ill take the rain over -1 degree temperatures with ice covered everything and rock hard snow on top of that. We are warming up to 41 today, rain moving in, then snow again this weekend. The old story is "If you live in Ky you experience all 4 seasons in 1 week! ;)
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Better than NH being -2 but with the windchill it felt like it was -23. Lost power for a few hours because it was so cold. 24 solid degrees today! Rain coming this evening and all day tomorrow. 
  • Orkocean
    I live in the valley so we hardly have any but we did just get a tornado warning so that should be fun...
    I know Fresno had a EF1 Tornado the other day.. but they also had a facility with 22 units catch fire the next day. Gotta love seeing firefighters state "propane tanks and ammunition going off" while they're trying to fight the fire.
  • Matt_Rogers
    Matt_Rogers Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Slow times are great, i just bought a new squeegee and finished cleaning the 2nd level windows. It's nice to have time to deal with the things that sometimes get overlooked in the busy season.
Was that you laughing?
Go ahead and LOL a post. Reactions are a fun and easy way to express your feelings!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads