Online auction sites - your experiences

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
So i've used quite a few of the online auction sites in my years but with my current company this is my first time using lockerfox. So far we've done 2 auctions with them and the quality of bidders has left me wondering if it's the site or perhaps just the area we are in currently. Once in a blue moon did I ever have people bid on units and then never show up to claim them in the past with other sites. So far we had 1 on our first auction and now 3 different ones on this current auction. We ended up having to drop a unit from $200 to $80 to get a actual person to claim the unit finally and then he spends all day at the unit going thru the items, cherry picking what he wanted and taking off with the appliances and whatever else he found. We called him today inquiring when he was returning to finish and he tells us to just keep his $100 deposit as he's not coming back. Great, now I have a 10x10 still 80% full of stuff that's been tossed all around now and gone thru to empty. 

Has anyone else who uses lockerfox had any issues with the quality of bidders or are we just having some bad luck? Also had units in both auctions so far that should have easily of gone for 2-3x what they ended up selling for.

Comments

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    We don't do online auctions, but do they have any consequences for not emptying the unit other than losing their deposit. Here we no longer allow them to participate in our auctions. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We sent an email to lockerfox today advising them of what's going on. I'm hoping it's a ban from the site as I hope the no showers get banned as well. But it's a free site to sign up so not like it'd be hard for people to make more accounts. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads