Emailing all current tenants

JulieA
JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
When sending bulk email is there an easy way to select only tenants with email addresses?  Also in one of my locations it said 79 sent 109 failed.  How do I tell which ones didn't send?  And why they didn't send?  Thanks Julie

Comments

• MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    We used to deal with this issue before we switched to Gmail.
    The only way I have found to send a mass email is to select all tenants, click on Email Address tab to sort by email and then un-select all the tenants with no emails. The last part becomes a little tedious but I haven't found any other way to do it.
    Don't know an easy way to find out which ones didn't send except going through your sent messages. Sitelink sends emails alphabetically so if you can find the last one that was sent you'll know where it stopped. Again, very tedious.
    It could be that the 109 failed because it just timed out. Try closing out your email and then re-open it and try again. This was always the first thing I did with Outlook. Another reason could be that your email provider has a limit to the number of messages that can be sent per day. I believe Outlook caps the limit at 200 messages. I know Gmail has no limit but you can set one if you wanted to. Just contact your email provider to find out what the limit is & see if you can change it. If you do have a limit set then I'd just send about 60-70 per day until I was done. It does get a little tedious having to select them individually and having to remember where you left off but it's the only way I found works to avoid interrupting sending our every day emails.

This is what I've learned in the 4 years I've been working in this industry. If you or anyone can figure out an easier way, I am all ears.
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I made the changes to the email that Site Link requested so it doesn't use outlook anymore. 
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    JulieA.. Im so upset that we had to do this.. I need those records of what was sent. Now we have no way of tracking that!! Ugh why do this!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the box to CC the site on emails and you have a copy of everything sent. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could create the letter in Form setup, then go back to payments, open anyone's account, letters, select the letter, click "Wizard", either choose delivery type "email" or email addresses: "yes". Hit ok, wait for it to select everyone. On the right, select email, then process. I am not sure, but I think this will also add a note to each persons account that the letter was sent. 

We also have it CC us to keep track.
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    @themage I always wondered what "Wizard" did. Makes sending out mass emails so much easier. I am going to start using this feature more often. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads