Sitelink Gate Access for Employees/ Landscapers ??

New to the forum, does anyone know if you can set up a gate code for employees and or crews needing access out of business hours.  So far I can see that you can only assign a gate code to tenants. 

Thanks

SJ  

Answers

• SJC
    SJC Registered User
    Is it as simple as creating a tenant and not assigning a unit to them? 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    We assign folks to a company unit... if you have a company unit you can simply go to the access tab on the payment screen..hit the edit button. On the bottom left of the next screen hit add... then fill the tenant info out and gate code you are assigning them. Save them.. Then hit the add arrow to move them to the access list. They will already be highlighted. Then hit OK
  • SJC
    SJC Registered User
    My company unit is listed as out of service and I can't access that via the payment screen, so trying to find another way. 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always modify the unit back to rentable, then move the company into it with a rental rate of $0.. then do what I mentioned above.
  • skinman
    Just making them a tenant won't work if I remember correctly... they then have to be assigned
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I add employees and contractors into our gate system.
  • skinman
    Faye said:
    I add employees and contractors into our gate system.
    That's definitely another option. We used to do that as well, then decided we wanted it all running through sitelink
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    With some gate systems, like ours, Sitelink wont let you assign multiple codes to one unit (limitation of the gate system's interface with Sitelink). We also use the gate system directly to handle extra codes. Also useful if you need to add access for emergency responders, power company, etc.
  • MattSM
    MattSM Registered User
    If you use storlogix, it's a lot easier to manage/setup/configure access in that system than in Sitelink.  For example we have a location that allows workers into one area of the complex, but not the other.  Another location has a keypad on the office door so we have a few access areas where a manager code works everywhere...a 1099 can get in everywhere but the office, and then the customer codes -where as needed.  Sitelink will be limited with what you're looking for.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @MattSM. We use StorLogix and can create individual access codes for employees and contractors and set different time zones for each, ie. 24hr access or reg hours.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel gate system and we create codes for whoever we need to such as vendors, police, owners/employees, auction buyers etc..
  • TCBlossoms
    TCBlossoms Registered User ✭✭
    If you use Quikstor all you have to do is go into the keypads >NT Codes tab> then you can add and assign as many as you need to.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads