Online Rentals

JulieA
JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
I would like to implement the Online Rental feature.  Where do I start!  Pros & Cons?  Thanks

Comments

• JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    One big downside is that you can't show the unit before they rent it. I've had some headaches crop up before because the unit they picked isn't up to (their) standards or is missing something that only other ones have. Then I have to go through the transfer process with them.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

We discussed doing online rentals or even kiosk rentals.... we decided that we actually like meeting prospective tenants, and explaining rules and expectations before issues arise.

Its possible that we lose some business, but with our occ % its not much.

• MattSM
    MattSM Registered User
    Between our local web developers and a third party independent API guy, we made it so we can rent units from start to finish.  It's a three step process and lets the lead decide how far they want to go before coming in.  At the least we get a reservation - then they pay - then they sign.  Yes, you will always have that one tenant that needs to or wants to change because it was sight unseen but let me tell you...as of about a week ago, out of 600 some rentals YTD, 100 of them were online hands off.  We started around September and lifetime online rentals makes up a significant portion of our customers.  It was worth the time and money.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads