Tips for New Facility

A little about our facility: We are in a pretty rural area, and we are on a major Interstate. We are only a month old. I have got about 3 tenants this month we have been open.  So far, I have our Google listing up, Google ads, Facebook page, Facebook ads, yelp, and pretty much all the free listings I can get. I am in the works of getting Uhaul. That should be done in the next week or two. We were going to use Sparefoot, but our nearest competition is over 30 miles away. What would happen is we wouldn't show up on any surrounding city searches, but other places would show up in our local search because we were like 2 miles out of the 30 miles radius. Kind of an uneven playing field. Our website is the one provided by Sitelink, so not a ton of freedom with that. Any SEO tips for that type of website? What tips could you offer for a brand new facility to attain tenants? Thank you!

Comments

• Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Shauna said:
    A little about our facility: We are in a pretty rural area, and we are on a major Interstate. We are only a month old. I have got about 3 tenants this month we have been open.  So far, I have our Google listing up, Google ads, Facebook page, Facebook ads, yelp, and pretty much all the free listings I can get. I am in the works of getting Uhaul. That should be done in the next week or two. We were going to use Sparefoot, but our nearest competition is over 30 miles away. What would happen is we wouldn't show up on any surrounding city searches, but other places would show up in our local search because we were like 2 miles out of the 30 miles radius. Kind of an uneven playing field. Our website is the one provided by Sitelink, so not a ton of freedom with that. Any SEO tips for that type of website? What tips could you offer for a brand new facility to attain tenants? Thank you!
    I would do flyers/business cards to apartments, businesses anywhere there is a public billboard or similar. I might try some cold calls as well. I'm sure others will have some great ideas! Welcome to storage life!
  • Shauna
    Shauna Registered User
    Thank you for the great suggestions! 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real Estate agents can be potential references for you. Since you're a new business you could also run an ad in your local or nearest newspaper for a little while to see if that works. You could also get in contact with nearby moving companies as an additional reference. Good luck! 
  • Shauna
    Shauna Registered User
    Thank you!
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Check with your area Chamber, host a Grand Opening!  
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    For smaller communities, I suggest sponsoring local schools - sports - charities, etc.  Create a great, professional logo and plaster it everywhere.  Soon enough, word will spread about that great facility just outside of town. 

Also - since you are rural, the internet is your bread and butter when it comes to advertising.  If a quick Google search can find you easy enough, so can your customers.  Invest in a website outside of Sitelink's generic page, making sure it is mobile friendly.  I would ignore Sparefoot (why give them the money?)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

list on Craigslist too. You'd be surprised.

I'm with i43storage with Sparefoot....at least until other ideas are exhausted; if your nearest comp is so far away, why funnel money to them?

Also get your own website...it's worth the money. Ours is 7 years old, so we are planning on a revamp this year.

• Shauna
    Shauna Registered User
    Thank you guys so much! We went with the basic website to start because none of our competition even have a website at all. They are all pretty full. I am going to spend this week putting up flyers, craigslist, and all other suggestions. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    If you have any colleges in your area you can advertise on their community bulletin board. Starbucks also. Maybe call other storages and interduce yourself. We are constantly full on RV spots so I called a couple places even a few towns over and asked if they had anything available. They were so happy I sent people their way that they call and send people my way for things they are full on 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh forgot to mention!

Contact every moving company in your area; introduce yourself and your company.

We get a ton of referrals from local movers.

• Shauna
    Shauna Registered User
    I so so appreciate all the suggestions! 
  • Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Offer referral discounts for current customers. Sometimes they are your best advertising. 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do referrals as well.. rather than a discount we send a gift card. But it does bring in added business.
  • Shauna
    Shauna Registered User
    I am going to email my current tenants. Thank you!

• JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @Shauna Do you currently use any call center's? We use XPS. The leads are a little...weak at times, but they can really help generate some customers
  • TCBlossoms
    TCBlossoms Registered User ✭✭
    If you are near any apartment complexes or management companies, see if they will put a rack card in their packets they give to their new tenants.  Also if you are near any military facilities see about getting the word out that way as well.
  • AmandaWalace
    AmandaWalace Registered User
    If you need to have more authority for the site to get it, you can improve your ranking and ranking scores on the web. Of course such issues should be handled by https://mtpremium.net/, they can help with this and make the site competitive in all areas.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads