Merchandise: What Sells?

I'm planning to sell merchandise from our facility and I wanted to get everyone's take on what sells the best! Boxes and locks are no-brainers, but what else do people want to buy? All responses are appreciated!
Tagged:

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do relatively well with tape, tape guns, bubble wrap and mattress covers.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the area and if you're on a busy street.. If you're on a main road where traffic passes you non stop you can throw up some "we sale merchandise" banners and have a wider variety as you will get more random customers dropping in just for items. If you're off the beaten path or don't have much traffic going by to market towards then focus on what customers storing would need, locks/boxes/tape/covers. Most sites i've been at 10lb wrapping paper is usually a good item to have on hand. Typically the people who have bought it for random walk ins end up being people with puppy litters. 
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭

We quit selling everything except for locks as items were not requested at our facility very often. We rarely sell locks anymore either. Our office is located in our other buss which is located on a main road but our storage facility is tucked in behind on a quiet street!

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I'll bite.   @Orkoean - what is going on in California that you have so many litters of puppies people need to purchase 10 lbs. of wrapping paper from a storage unit facility?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I had a guy at a previous facility I worked, about once a month he would call and order (5) 10 lb. boxes.  He used them in his laundry room for his little dog's pee pad.  He said it absorbed better and didn't leave a smell like the diaper type, and didn't stain like regular newspaper. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @i43storage that was actually back in TX at almost every site I worked where we'd have regulars who would come in for that. Guessing quite a bit of puppy mills sadly. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads