Cleaning Outside Rollup Doors

Options
AnitaJohnson1269
AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a suggestion to clean the outside rollup doors that does not consist of towels and a bucket of water.  We are in the south and pollen is taken over our forest green doors.  The owner though about pressure washing, but I'm concerned about the water getting into tenant units.  Has anyone had success with pressure washing?  Thanks. 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pressure wash, assuming you don't have old worn out doors/frames with obvious holes/gaps. Otherwise it's just being mindful of the angles you are spraying from. I'm fixing to do this property again but did it in November and literally had customers coming to their units within a few minutes of me hitting their doors and had no complaints of water getting into units.

On the flip side a prior company I was with hired a pressure washing company to do the property concrete and they thought they'd be "nice"and hit my doors for me as well. They weren't mindful of angles and ended up with at least 5 units worth of damage they had to pay for. 
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Orkocean !  Our units are not quite a year old.  The owner will do the washing.  I will let him know, as long as he sprays away from the door tracks he should be fine... or head on in the middle.  I'm guessing as long as he is not angling toward the side channels, we should be fine. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly. When doing the sides/top of the doors come in from outer angles so you're not spraying it up over the door or around the sides. 
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We used a very large sponge like a Magic Eraser for doors. Took care of oxidation very well. Did not have to scrub. https://www.neutronindustries.com/shazam-dirt-and-grime-eraser
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron said:
    We used a very large sponge like a Magic Eraser for doors. Took care of oxidation very well. Did not have to scrub. https://www.neutronindustries.com/shazam-dirt-and-grime-eraser

Those are very expensive.  How long do they last? 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads