Issue with deposits not matching reciepts

So my management summary is not showing my Deposits matching my Payment receipts, How can I determine where this issue is coming from. is there a report I can run to find out if something was missed?

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Is it not matching after your daily close?  
  • Egroenig
    Egroenig Registered User
    no, in fact the totals between weekly monthly and yearly are all different. would like to find a report that could show me what is going on here
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    Hmmm.  So, your deposits are what you type in at the daily close and it would have to match your payments in order for it to close out.  I would work backwards pulling Management Summary daily, are all of them not matching?  Is your system set to run a second close at midnight?  Do you have online payments?  When are they processed on a close if they pay after hours online?  (They would have a receipt, but the deposit would be next day if you don't have an automatic close at midnight 11:59) 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time they will match exactly is right after a daily close.  As soon as another payment process, the numbers won't match.

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but weekly, monthly, and yearly should all be different because they are for different amounts of time.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    All of our's match. Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly.  The "Payment Receipts" are on daily calendar (12:ooam - 11:59pm) and your "Deposit Reports" are fiscal calendar (Daily Close-Daily Close).  Ours always match because we have it set to do an automatic close at 11:59 everyday.  Even though we do a close at 5:30, the second one will pull any "after close" payments into the same fiscal day. When you do your daily close, check the "past dates" at the bottom, if you are set with a second close, you will have each date 2x, with one close listed as SS. 
  • LinderISS
    LinderISS Registered User
    It's an accounting period change.  You may receive a payment (receipts)  for a past time of rent or a future time of rent in the current year.  Sitelink tracks which correct period the revenue corresponds to.   
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Are they saying the Deposits on the bank statement or the Deposits in SL Daily Close? 
  • Egroenig
    Egroenig Registered User
    So 3 of the properties match every time. 1 Property is not. occasionally the weekly matches perfect but since the beginning of the year the Fiscal YTD has not as well as the monthly. money in should be money in correct?
    I will have to fine tooth cob this as AnitaJ has said. Any Idea if there is some sort of report that I can run?
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    Try pulling a journal entry for one of the months it doesn't match.  See if that report is matching.  If your Close is not matching your bank statements, this will also help you determine if it was cash, check or charge card.  Your journal totals should match. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads