Auction timing

AlanKeller
AlanKeller Registered User ✭✭
How long do you think is proper between the time someone pays to get off one auction, and the time you set them up for a new auction?
Tagged:

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It really depends on your state statutes... Once a person is 45 days late, they go back on the list here. if they can somehow manage to pay the balance at auction time every time, they can pay monthly and simply choose not to, IMO

That may not ring true in every situation, but I have multiple people who never pay until the auction list is generated. They always pay their entire balance. Not sure why someone would not want to eliminate all the late fees and never have access, but that's what they do.
  • AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Registered User ✭✭
    Well yes I know our statutes, but sometimes we accept less than the total balance to get them off the auction which can result in them immediately being added to the next auction. Right now we give them a 2 week reprieve. I'm just not sure what others do.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accept less than the total as well, but am limited on the amount of times I will do it. The first time a person reaches auction, I allow them to pay 60% to be removed and we sign a payment plan (stuff happens). If they don't follow through and reach auction status again, I require 75% to be removed. If they reach Auction status a 3rd time... it's total balance only.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    We only accept the full amount owed, if we take any less we require them to move out of the unit. We have a lady here who since I have worked here for 3 years is always up for auction. Every time she pays what is owed on the auction date. We also make them pay any new charges that are owed so if their rent came due the day they paid they had to pay the past due and the current.
  • jayjay
    jayjay Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I don't relish the auction process and I don't make the auction "rules" for the store I manage....but... I DO collect "lots of mullah" in auction fees. 
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    We try to work with people as much as possible before we even start the auction process. If we do set them up they must pay either all or majority of their past due balance before we'll pull them out of the auction. If they are still a couple months past due then we give them 2 weeks to make another payment. As long as they are paying on their account regularly we will work with our tenants as much as possible.
  • Shawnab8
    Shawnab8 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    We do not like doing auctions and do everything we can to help the customer. Even if they are in auction status we will let the off the list if they set up a repayment plan. But we only do it once, if they do not follow through they pay all what is owed or go to auction. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads