What is the best method?

Amy
Amy Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
How do you go about getting reviews from customers? What are some ways that you persuade your customers to leave reviews? We have been told many things by different people and from my understanding we are not supposed to ask and we are not supposed to offer anything for leaving a review. I would send the link in our welcome email for tenants to fill out and I did receive a few reviews from doing this. 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    When a tenant moves out, we email them our exit survey and type in the body "Rate Us On Google Too". I also have a small 3X5 sign on our cork board in the office that says "Please Review Us on Google" It was something I found on Google and printed out. And you are correct, it is not allowed to offer anything for reviews. If anyone has anymore suggestions, I would love to hear them as well!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not "allowed" yet everyone does it. I was laughing after a recent purchase on amazon where they have a slip inside that asks for a 5 star review in exchange for a gift card. Alot of posts have been about reviews across various forums and it usually comes down to the same thoughts. Google doesn't care about the small timers, you can flag, report etc.. and they won't do anything. We have it in our email signature and we ask customers. 
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    We do the same thing as @ESS but also made a review card the tenant can fill out in the office. When they fill it out we ask if we can post it on our website. Unless it was just a terrible experience most people can't be bothered leaving a review though. Would love to get tips from anyone who have been more successful getting online reviews.

We are located in a college town & we get a ton of reviews on the University's Facebook page. However, we can't get access to them because the page does not allow anyone other than parents of a student attending the University.

SiteLink had a Webinar on reviews at one time and if I recall there is nothing wrong with asking a customer for a review; you just can't give out rewards. 
  • Amy
    Amy Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Thank you all for the response. I know of one facility in my area that has a drawing once per month and they put all of the reviews into a basket and draw out a name. I am assuming that is technically what we are not supposed to do. Even though it sounds like a great idea! I though about trying to offer something to employees for each review that they receive. Maybe tenants would be incentivized to help us out? I am not sure if that is allowed either though. I guess for now we just keep asking and hoping that they can take the time to do it.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go 100% by the book you're not even supposed to *ask* for a review if i'm not mistaken. One of my older companies a lot of stores used a lie and told people those that reviewed were submitted into a raffle for a free months rent. Last I looked that site had over 1100 reviews and most others are 500 or more. I've personally loosened up on the ethics of it as I see others do it nonstop without punishment so may as well push for them as well. I was a firm believer with my last 2 companies that you ask for it when the customer is infront of you, if they don't do it right then you probably wont get it. Here in Cali though i've been surprised at the amount we get from people during their stay. We're easily doubled most sites in this town and not even really "pushing" for them. 

As far as incentives for the workers, the national company I worked for that has the sites with 1000+ reviews has been every 100 reviews is a $100 each worker. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MegumiM said:
    ... However, we can't get access to them because the page does not allow anyone other than parents of a student attending the University ... 
    Maybe you could bribe one of the parents to gain access.  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads