Climate Control

i43storage
i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Guys - Seriously considering putting up a climate control building.  I'm wondering what the pros/cons are.  Things to avoid?  Things that work best?  Thanks.
Jean Marie
I-43 Storage

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro: comfortable storage for things that might be affected by humidity/heat/or cold. 
    con: tnts think it's climate controlled for them, it's only for their items
    con: a/c's sometimes go out/freeze up, especially here in Texas, causing maintenance costs
    pro: you get to charge higher rent
    pro: they are easier to re-clean after a tnt moves out
    These are all I can think of right now :)
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in the summer we start ours out at 78 degrees and winter is 55 degrees. Due to them being well insulated usually the heat never has to come on so I imagine the bill is way lower in winter
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @ESS.  

Assuming your units are accessible from the inside of a building, do you have a keypad or some sort of security measure for the tenants to access the building to get to their unit?  I'm thinking I would want something - but then I run into having a code for them to get into the gate for the facility and then another code for them to gain access to the building ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    Yes, the tenants are given a single code that gets them both through the gate and into the building to access their unit. 
  • i43storage
    @ESS - Curious, what gate system are you using?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    edited May 2019
    @i43storage We use StorLogix paired with Falcon XT & PTI
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    Yes, the tenants are given a single code that gets them both through the gate and into the building to access their unit. 
    That's what we do.

@i43storage Our building keypad system can only hold so many codes so a few of the units have the same code. I try to make their gate code the same as the building code but because of the duplicate codes I can't always do it. If I have to make a separate gate code then I'll just use their birthday or I'll let them choose.
  • i43storage
    Thanks @MegumiM
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    A lot of our facilities have more then one floor and if a tenant on the first floor trys to accesses the second floor form the elevator there code is rejected and they can not go up a floor. The stair way doors lock too except for the ones that lead to outside of course. 
  • Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Safety would a pro. People tend to feel a little more comfortable because of the cameras indoors and the codes you must use to get in the building. You can control your carts and dollies because people tend to return them when they are finished using them. Depending where you are, the change in temperature can be brutal. This makes selling indoor climate control easier to sell. Especially in the Winter time.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads