Temporally Turning off Auto-Pay

Parker
Parker Registered User ✭✭
We occasionally have Tenants ask to turn off auto pay until a certain date. We advised this will possibly cause a late fee (depending on date). We leave a note on desk or set a reminder on SiteLinks.  Does anyone else have this request by Tenants?  Could it be possible for Sitelinks to have an option to automatically turn Auto-Pay back on requested date by Tenant? Or is SiteLinks spoiling me with ease of use?...ha ha

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally I do. I either set the days past due until then or turn off and leave myself a note when to run it again then turn it back on. As of now, there isn't an option to turn off then back on automatically.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be easier to just change their due date?
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CVSSSTORAGE I suppose if you have those permissions. Everyone's rent is due on the 1st here so even if they let us know they are going to be late, they still get the late fee. Or do you mean as in a "work around"?
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @ESS we don't have rent due on the first, its whenever you sign your lease so we just change the due date for them
  • ESS
    @CVSSSTORAGE gotcha. That makes sense. We prorate in to balance out the rent due on 1st. The way your do yours does offer a little more wiggle room for tenants :) 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing the due date makes extra charges, though, for the time period in between the old and new due dates.  Also, I'm not going to give away late fees by doing this!  If they want to be late, they have to pay for the privilege.  

You can either set it to run X number of days past the due date, or put a reminder in to turn it back on at that time. Whatever fees may apply must be paid.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @MamaDuke7 I let them know that it creates a fee for the days in between the new date change. Since I have been here we have changed maybe 4 due dates. It takes under two minutes and makes the customer happy. We don't delete any late fees once they incur them but if I can help someone avoid them I will. And if they are still late after that, they only have themselves to blame. 
  • BAAAAStorage
    BAAAAStorage Registered User
    To save myself I will turn it off but I tell them they must call me and tell me when to turn it back on and run their card. I tell them once I turn it off I will not run the card again until I have them on the phone or they are in the office. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads