Prorate Rent

If a tenant wants to change the date they pay, as we are by anniversary date, how would we make the necessary charge as well as show the next due date accordingly?

Comments

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    You go to company, utilities and then edit anniversary date. Make sure to hit save before hitting the ok button otherwise it won't be in the system. The computer does everything for you let's you know the prorated amount and when the next due date is =)
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnit, I stay too busy to be the first to answer anymore usually lol.. @CVSSSTORAGE said it perfectly. IT may not let you process it depending on your security level/access though. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a contest, boys.  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everythings a contest! *gets horrible flashbacks to family game nights growing up*... Must win! lol...
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Orkocean Thanks now I'm remembering Monopoly nights. Shudder... Nothing is quite as vicious as Monopoly. Except maybe Scrabble.
  • Orkocean
    Monopoly wasn't allowed... We were uno, skip-bo and domino's... We tried I think it was "Taboo" once as a family, it ended with items being thrown into trash and quite a bit of yelling.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @Orkocean
    we played Atari and Nes games for family night. River Raid and Bubble Bobble and Super Mario and FZero
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember playing Monopoly once as a child with my family...ONCE
  • Orkocean
    @Orkocean
    we played Atari and Nes games for family night. River Raid and Bubble Bobble and Super Mario and FZero
    I can't even tell you how many classic zelda cartridges we burnt up on the NES by playing them so much. I know at least 5 copies of it were bought and played. Those were the peaceful game moments, no one ever complained about who's turn it was since we had 3 NES's in the house. As I got older and we got into the card games and all, that's when the "fun" began lol.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember that the customer has to pay that prorated amount (generated by the shift) before it changes the due date.

If the amount is  left unpaid as a balance, the rent will post again on the original due day and the shift wont take effect for another month! (or until the balance is paid)

I had a customer shift his due date by 10 days, but we figured we would leave the balance and pay it along with the rent later. Rent posted on the original due date, and even when we paid the balance it waited another month to apply the new due date. 

• Rentmaster
    Rentmaster Registered User
    Can we prorate on a move-in?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we prorate on a move-in?
    Your question is vague, so I'll answer 2 ways.

1.  If the customer wants to begin the rental/have payments due on a later date than today, just change the rental date on the move-in screen.  They will sign and pay as usual, but will have no access until that day.

2.  If you are due on the 1st of the month at your property, the first month will be automatically prorated.

If they want to rent today but want to be due on a different day, then after they rent you have to do as the original answer says. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads