Rental Truck chaos

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of you may have seen this if you're on the SST forum but for those of you who are not I figured you'd like to see this. Copied from the post on SST:

This is not my video, so I can't answer any questions.

If you're on Facebook, take a look at this disaster: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003614751312

And the aftermath: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003614751312

Comments

• Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Omg that's ridiculous!! Thank god we have back up truck bays with cushions at most of the locations!!
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to see a video of them getting the truck out of that space
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i've been searching for updates on it. On the other forum someone chimed in that they know the owner of that facility as they used to work at it, hoping they can share some updates as i'm curious to the state of the driver, if he was on something or just that stupid.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    we have an area that no big trucks can go through unless they back in because it is so narrow. Every time we get some man who has to argue with me that he knows how to drive and can turn through there and every time I have to tell him he will go the way I say or not at all 8 times out of 10 they listen but we have had two guys who said they were excellent drivers smack right into our buildings after being told not to go that way. It is an expensive lesson 
  • Orkocean
    Yup our last site we just left in Madera we would not allow anything over 20', every now and then some smartallec would insist and of course, hit the buildings. After the first time it happened anyone wanting to bring anything over 20' had to go straight in, unload/load and carry stuff however far to their unit down the aisles then back out, no turning allowed.

We rented u-haul trucks there and regularly turned 26' drop offs away which was fun watching them try to back out as we were down an alleyway a few hundred feet of narrow drive. Every single time have to point out to them that on their paperwork it tells them where to go and if not it has a # they are supposed to call to be told where to drop off at. Can't just randomly show up anywhere and drop.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Another storage facility was telling me about an accident at their last storage place. I guess they had a gate and it was on a huge hill that then went to like a bridge at the end and then the storages, Well the guy got out of his truck to put his code in and did not put it in park. the gate opened so he didn't hit the gate but the truck went down that hill and over that bridge with so much speed that he smashed right into the office and some storages. Have they said how much the damage for this one cost on the other forum?
  • Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Omg thankfully every on the office is ok I'd hope? 
  • 87ambie
    87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Luckily the worst we've seen at our site it one person tried to enter the facility before the gate had opened all the way bending it slightly out of shape. Easy fix. We've had one incident with a delivery driver that backed into one of our pylons. However, he stopped when he met resistance. 
  • Orkocean
    I've seen gates ran through probably about 5-6 times at various sites in my years. Some included unit damage.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    just curious on the update from this @Orkocean

• Orkocean
    I saw something on linkedin from the owner of the site but to be honest I can't recall the details :(
  • janiceD
    janiceD Registered User
    We had someone take a 26ft uhaul truck down the hill, turn the corner and get the box of the truck completely stuck over the top of the yellow bollard! we have also had a customer who took a 10ft uhaul truck, left it in the safeway parking lot with the door open, back of truck full, her purse and phone in the truck but no customer. she said she had a migraine headache and decided to leave the truck there. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads