Unit use ideas or promotion??

Drew_Scadoo
Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
Hey all,
 So imagine you have a room full of 5 x 5 x 5 units...what would you do to get them rented?? We can't seem to think of anything other then taking the tops off and making it band space since it is in the basement. Any thoughts on what you would do? 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most operators will not allow band use in units. You want your storage to be for stored goods only, not for working/hanging out in as the liabilities and issues that come up are not worth it typically. 

We had a facility with an aisle of 5x5x5's double stacked at a site in Florida. They actually stayed pretty full as there was a lot of locals who just wanted to store a few odds and ends. Not sure of your area to suggest what could be useful and I don't know anything about wine but being in a basement is it climate controlled? If so maybe you could market for wine storage? 
  • Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yeah its climate controlled but there big units like 10 x 20s, I like the wine idea. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    if you live in a college town, advertise on their bulletin board. right now school is out but it is about to start up again =)
  • TCBlossoms
    TCBlossoms Registered User ✭✭
    I'm not sure if you are near any water, but I used paddle boards, kayaks, camping gear, etc. in advertisement for the area I'm in.  Tourists with only a small rental house use them to store their extra gear like that when they have an extended stay over the summer.
  • Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    What's the price difference between those and your regular 5x5's? We call them lockers and that's what people will ask for if they don't need a regular 5x5. Begin your presentations with letting people know you have those if they only need a 5x5. Maybe leave one open as a show unit with some boxes or something. That may let people know what they look like on the inside. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads