Gate Access Hours for different types of units?

PSC
PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
Is there a way to set default time zones for particular unit types?

Example: We want our Boat/RV Units to always default to 24/7 Access, but our Mini Storage Units have limited access of 6am-10pm, unless they pay additional to have 24/7 access. 

I've found a setting in program defaults under gate defaults to adjust the default time zones, but not for particular units. 

I can't find anything in modify units, or even edit unit types. 

Comments

• dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    I do believe that you would have to set up the different zones in your gate program first.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be dependent on your gate program first. When a tenant moves into one of the ones you want to give 24hr access to, it would be the same process as any other tenant, I believe. Ledger Settings>Time Zone & Keypad Zones 
    There may be a way to set particular units for it as a default, but I am not aware of it. I've never seen it in Modify Units either.

• PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    I can make the default 6am-10pm, I'm just worried about Manager's forgetting to change Boat/RV Units at Move in to 24hr access. I was hoping there was a default time zone for particular unit types :( 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSC said:
    I can make the default 6am-10pm, I'm just worried about Manager's forgetting to change Boat/RV Units at Move in to 24hr access. I was hoping there was a default time zone for particular unit types :( 
    You could possibly make it as a unit note to "remember to add 24hr access" for those units? Then they can delete after doing so.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Sitelink handles time zones on a tenant basis only. This may be how you handle it already, but in the payment screen, "access" tab, edit button, you can select the time zone for that tenant.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSC said:
    Once you start making it part of your move-in to pay attention to the access hours, it becomes 2nd nature.  I had a property where hallway units had 1 set of hours, and drive-up units had different hours.  It was part of the move-in process to be sure we selected the correct hours.  I'm sure I got it wrong a couple times in the beginning until I got used to it, but it only takes a few move-ins to change the habit.
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    We can set preference for individual tenants through our gate program, but keep it at "Locks @ 11:59 pm and reopens @ 6 am." Deters a lot of sometimes mischievous behavior. :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads