Painted verses Vinyl

Faye
Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
Painted #'s on unit doors verses vinyl, and GO!!!

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, what about door #3 - unit # plates screwed/glued on :) 
  • Faye
    Orkocean said:
    But, what about door #3 - unit # plates screwed/glued on :) 
    Never have I ever thought of doing that. lol
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havn't seen vinyl or paint since probably my first store ever. Always had unit plates since.

The one "bonus" to vinyl when it was in climate control and the sun hadn't killed it yet was one specific thing I remember is we rented 2 units which were side by side the same day to two different people, same size and all. Well the first one to move in moved in to the wrong unit, so when the second one came the next day to move their stuff in they pointed out that their unit had a lock on it. Since it's same size, price and everything the easiest solution was I pulled the unit info off the units and switched them. Now everyone was back to the right unit # per their lease :) 
  • Faye
    Orkocean said:
    I havn't seen vinyl or paint since probably my first store ever. Always had unit plates since.

The one "bonus" to vinyl when it was in climate control and the sun hadn't killed it yet was one specific thing I remember is we rented 2 units which were side by side the same day to two different people, same size and all. Well the first one to move in moved in to the wrong unit, so when the second one came the next day to move their stuff in they pointed out that their unit had a lock on it. Since it's same size, price and everything the easiest solution was I pulled the unit info off the units and switched them. Now everyone was back to the right unit # per their lease :) 
    Where do you get the plates at?
  • Orkocean
    various sites can do it. The last one I had experience with is out of Kemah, TX and it's signquick.com
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use the thick black vinyl numbers for our units. They stay on great & don't fade (the ones we use anyway). I had to use heat to peel them off tho when we renumbered some of our units a couple months back.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
      Orkocean said:
     Since it's same size, price and everything the easiest solution was I pulled the unit info off the units and switched them. Now everyone was back to the right unit # per their lease :) 
    That would serious mess with my OCD.  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Vinyl, they might deteriorate over the years. Ive been here 14 and we've only had to replace about 15 which were the ones that received a lot of the 4 seasons. Screws on plates tend to become pitted or rusted which makes it a nightmare to replace, and moisture behind the plates wreaks havoc on metal siding.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads