Job sites - suggestions

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Afternoon everyone... Does anyone have any suggestions for free sites to post jobs available on? We've been using indeed with pretty decent success but for the last week any job ads we have posted say they're "open" and live yet you can't find them when searching and we have had 0 responses to all of them. We just did the paid craigslist ad today to see how that does and posted to our store facebook accounts as well as the workingcouples site. Looking at the other "big boys" such as ziprecruiter, glassdoor etc. they charge an astronomical fee to post. 

Comments

• dray
    dray Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Try the comment boards to put flyers at like Starbucks. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We actually have had more success posting on the local job search pages on FB. We got a few hits on Indeed, but most were from FB
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried some of the other methods, sadly indeed is still the most reliable for getting decent candidates. Craigslist usually gets junk, which is pretty bad to say as I got my first job in storage via craigslist and this current one as well lol. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always posted available jobs on Craigslist.  I get a lot of junk applicants, but always get the job filled.
  • Orkocean
    Current company the owners only want people with sitelink experience and preferably uhaul/budget experience so I stick to indeed now and make some of the requirement questions those to weed out those without. Which is pretty bad, the better new hires lately have been the ones I picked to replace me at our last site and they had zero storage experience. In my years some of my best hires that have gone on to be great employees were usually from the restaurant industry
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @Orkocean Personally I came from nearly a decade in retail experience. (7 of those at Walmart) The company owner told me after a few days that I was the most patient person he had ever seen, lol. I think Retail and Restaurant industries have the highest need for customer service, which in my experience is generally more what is needed than sales in storage. Most customers have a general idea of what they need, and require very little in the way of selling to convince them. I also got the job via Craigslist. Have you tried places like Twitter? You'd be surprised how fast word gets around
  • Orkocean
    My personal background has always been customer service orientated. I was a bingo caller for about 8 years, then became a car salesman for a few years. I think the car sales training is what really elevates me for storage as it's all about identifying their needs and finding a way to close the deal.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads