Slow weekends

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else running a site that seems to go against the normal routine and end up being slower during the weekend versus the week? In 8 years i've never had a site that the weekend wasn't the busy time, Saturdays were usually rental central and even Sundays would be busier than weekdays. Here in Stockton it seems our Saturday is one of the slowest days of the week with Sunday usually beating it in all aspects every week. We are 9-6 Saturday and 11-4 Sundays yet the shorter hours get more business.

Comments

• CowenStorage
    CowenStorage Registered User
    I work at two facilities, one on Saturday, and the other on Sunday. Depending on the time of the month, both facilities are fairly slow storage wise. My Sunday facility has U-Haul which definitely makes up for the slow storage activity.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have budget here, 2 sites in this town 3 miles apart and we're both staying slow. Having the budget doesn't do much as they never have any trucks available.
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    We have worked storage in Santa Fe, Salt Lake City and now outside Houston. Ironically, all 3 had the slowest days on Saturday. Here we are closed on Sunday, as well was Salt Lake.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunday is by far our slowest day. Saturday is moderate. Monday, Wednesday, Friday are our busiest.
  • 87ambie
    87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    For us it depends on where EOM/FOM falls. If Saturday/Sunday is the 1st it's crazy busy, but otherwise it's usually dead on the weekends and we're looking for stuff to do. Wednesday's, especially the 3rd one of the month for those on assisted living, are our busiest weekdays. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are closed on Sundays.   :)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    I miss FOM billing sites.. here it's all anniversary date, I LOVED the rush of the 1st and having the middle of the month as a down time to use for marketing and such.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Sundays here are super slow, everyone is at church. Our town used to have the most churches in any town in the world. I manage to finish everything I need to do for the day by 9:30. We normally only get people grabbing their boats to go to the lake or returning them from the lake 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're closed Sundays, but Saturdays are pretty slow for us here in Alvin; our hours are 10-4. Our Pasadena store is much busier on Saturdays (we do Uhaul there). We are FOM billing and it seems like everyone waits until the following Monday to come in. The busiest we get on Saturdays are about 15 walk-ins and around 20 calls. Compared to Mondays around the first especially, with about 30 walk-ins and 25 calls while dealing with cleaning out move outs, renting new units, etc. I do love the fast pace rush though! I work very well under pressure!
  • Orkocean
    Same here... Some of my funnest times were running my Pasadena site and being the only one around for the busy days. Give me 2 computers and i'm multitasking like a madman, payments on one, move ins on the other, bouncing back and forth considering 7+ move ins a day was a common occurrence.    My wife just spent the last week in Pasadena volunteering at the rodeo while in town, wish I could of went as well. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads