Auction

After auction may I take tenant to small claims court for outstanding rent due on unit

Best Answers

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Either write it off as bad debt or send it collections. Sending to collections isn't a guarantee of getting $$ though. I know our last company the one we used had a little over 1% recovered. The typical ones I saw who would pay it off were when it got put on their credit report and was preventing them from getting into a new lease/home purchase.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    The court costs (and time involved) just isn't worth it; if they let everything go to auction, it's unlikely they have any money or assets. We send to collections, but in 6 years I have not seen one penny recovered. I agree with the rest of the comments.... write it off, and rent the space asap!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We send all of our non-collectable rent to collections.  It costs nothing and takes seconds online to do.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

Answers

• ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Lunenburgss: Let it go!!!!
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can send them to collections, but we usually don't unless the amount still do is over $500
  • Lunenburgss
    Lunenburgss Registered User
    Thank You
  • Self_Storage_Life
    Self_Storage_Life Registered User ✭✭✭
    We send all of our non-collectable rent to collections.  It costs nothing and takes seconds online to do.
    If you don't mind me asking what collection service do you use?
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    In Salt Lake we sent it to a collection agency -first thing they did was put it on their credit - in 3 years we actually collected from about 5-6 former tenants. Didn't cost anything but a few minutes of my time.
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Who do you use for collections?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Self_Storage_Life
    @Faye

I use Credit Service International Corp.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    @Self_Storage_Life
    @Faye

I use Credit Service International Corp.
    Thank you very much!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads