Receiving payment after the daily close.

Options
When I was trained, I was told if someone came in after we had run the daily close, that I could still take the payment in the system, as it would simply show on the next day's close.  Is this correct? 

Comments

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes, it will show on the next days close
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It will show on the next day, unless you are set up to automatically process a close at midnight.  You can check by clicking daily close, then check the list on the bottom of the screen.  If you have closes every day listed as "ss" then it will run a second close.  I always double check ours, as tenants sometimes pay online after our office closes. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a rule for us, if we have done the daily close, we won't process any checks or cash afterwards. If we have someone come in with either, I will write them a handwritten receipt and put it in the safe for the next morning. Our system does do an automatic close @ midnight, but we don't want the additional checks or cash to mess up the books for that day. We will process credit cards after a daily close, as it will not throw off our deposit.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options

here we have to take a payment as long as we are open. So until our gate locks we take payments. It has only happened a few times that we have done a close and someone has came in. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads