Sitelink + no internet = MyHub

themage
themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Just an interesting thing I noticed today. I know that Sitelink removed offline mode when MyHub went live, but now, if our internet is down for whatever reason and we try to log in, Sitelink tries to open MyHub.

This will, of course, fail, as MyHub still requires an internet connection.

Comments

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I've actually run My Hub (transactions and tenant look ups) on my phone using only Data (no internet connection)

Its not practical unless your facility pays your phone plan, but it does work.

I'm in California; had to get creative during our recent power outages. I was able to confirm tenants access/code when we allowed them in during the outage. Also took a few payments.

Reminds me to really think before forwarding the facilities phone to me cell number!

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's off topic from the original post but I've used it in the past via my cell when either the internet went down for a site or all computers were tied up and we had customers waiting. It's not ideal, but in a pinch it can get a basic job done. To be honest if a sites internet goes down, i'm turning on my hotspot and connecting a computer to it. If the power is out, i'm using a laptop and hotspot. Not sure how well that would do in your case cap with long term power outtages but I guess my solar charges would come in use finally :)
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also use MyHub if the internet goes down in office. I pull it up on either my cell or the office cell phone and can get the basics done. Last I checked though, we could not do a daily close on it. Our system does an auto close at midnight anyway. I'm with you @themage, why would they think we could run MyHub on the computers if we cannot use the web edition without internet. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I don't mind Myhub. In a pinch, I would use my phone or laptop, but in the interest of PCI compliance and customer privacy, etc, we are not allowed to use personal electronics to conduct business. I should ask the company owner how he feels about a hotspot if the landline goes down for any length of time.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads