Auction Process

Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
Ok, So I have created an auction event.  I have a tenant going to auction tomorrow. 
How do I go about recording the winning bid amount so that the sold price automatically shows up on the Balance Due after Auction letter??? 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i'm assuming you've done all the steps required by your state to conduct the auction with letters, ads etc. to be at this point. But as an example, if a unit owes you $500 and is sold for $200 you would apply the $200 to the account and the remaining $300 would show as a balance still due. Unless i'm misunderstanding what it is you're needing?
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Ahhh Ok. I see what happened. We have an in house balance due letter we send out and I forgot I added it in hahaha So it looks like a form SiteLink auto inserts the following information...Auction date/time, amount unit sold for and balance due.

So I would just take the payment from the bidder and apply it to the account like a regular payment? Then in the notes section write all the bidder info etc and then process a balance due letter in house (off sitelink)??
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every company is different but typically that's correct. Apply the payment, if your company requires payment go to rent over fees or vice versa then make sure the payment is applied to the correct charges. Make sure if your state requires it that you charge the sales tax and it gets applied as well. Keeping the bidder info in notes unless you're required to per your state/company is purely up to you. We don't do that, we have the sheet we fill out as their receipt which just gets filed away with the auctioned units paperwork.
  • Robyn
    When I try to print out the Balance After Auction letter, it's only listing the primary tenant and not the second tenant. Any idea how I can fix that??
  • Orkocean
    Unless i'm missing it I don't see a keyword for pulling secondary tenant info on sitelink.
  • Robyn
    Found it! <TenantAltName>
  • STOREPGA
    STOREPGA Registered User
    General question about auctions. If I have a tenant with 2 units  in auction  and I am sending the letters via register email RPost will it send 1 registered email or 2? I am only get back one receipt confirmation.

Thanks
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    STOREPGA said:
    General question about auctions. If I have a tenant with 2 units  in auction  and I am sending the letters via register email RPost will it send 1 registered email or 2? I am only get back one receipt confirmation.

Thanks
    Generally, from my experience SL will send a separate email for past dues. So 1 email per unit. If they have 2 units and they are both behind, whether the units are combined in SL or not, it will send separate emails for each unit. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    STOREPGA said:

Thanks
    They probably only opened 1 of the 2 emails, so you would only get 1 confirmation back.

Check the notes for each unit, and that will tell you if an email was sent for each unit.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads