Making receiving an invoice automatic for all tenants

rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
Is there a setting that will allow all tenants to receive a monthly invoice automatically?  Thanks.

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Company>Set up>Units & Tenants>Edit tenant settings>Select all>Edit>Check box for Send an Invoice
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Thanks a $M!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just FYI be prepared for customers complaining. I don't know why it is but every time we have a new site and set it up so all the current tenants start receiving a nice free email invoice you get quite a few who call in to complain. Either they think it's a bill saying they owe currently and ignore the fact it's an invoice for a upcoming charge or they get offended that they are getting it and go off on how they know when they have to pay.
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    We ask at time of move in, if they want to receive an emailed invoice for that exact reason. @Orkocean When we started charging for an invoice to be mailed home, by snail mail, we got so much flack about the charge from customers. We did give them 3 months notice that it was going to happen but boy can they get nasty about it.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't charge or even offer a snail mail version. Email only, new move ins we ask but when we take over sites it's usually always just a put everyone to the nice free email. Literally had a guy come in last month yelling at us how insulted he felt that we were sending him invoices. *shakes head*
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also confirm with the tenant at move in whether they would like emailed invoice or not. I am a little surprised at how many people still prefer paper even with the fee.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I ALWAYS have the tenants who selected automatic billing call in confused panic when they receive an invoice...even when they asked for one to begin with. It doesn't matter how we present the Ledger choices, they never listen.

"BUT ISNT MY ACCOUNT SET UP TO AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE?!?!?" 

"Yes, your account is setup for autobilling, however the system still sends an invoice as a reminder of the upcoming charge; We can certainly turn that off if it is confusing......."

"..........oh...ok. No don't turn them off"

repeat sometime in next few months.

• dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭

I ALWAYS have the tenants who selected automatic billing call in confused panic when they receive an invoice...even when they asked for one to begin with. It doesn't matter how we present the Ledger choices, they never listen.

"BUT ISNT MY ACCOUNT SET UP TO AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE?!?!?" 

"Yes, your account is setup for autobilling, however the system still sends an invoice as a reminder of the upcoming charge; We can certainly turn that off if it is confusing......."

"..........oh...ok. No don't turn them off"

repeat sometime in next few months.

I can completely relate with you. We get the same thing. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads