Can one change the number sequence of invoice numbers?

Is it possible to do this ? 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not aware of there being a way to do this.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you can either at least not permanently. Any reason why you want to change the invoice numbers?

If you go into the Invoices section of any account and open an invoice, you can change the number manually (by typing whatever you wish) and either print or email it...but it's not permanent, and I assume that would really confuse things on the back end.

I always wondered why that is allowed anyway? you can actually change pretty much anything on invoices or receipts that way (again not permanently, but to print or export)

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change any form pretty much, it's actually how I send my lien/preliens to alternates, I just load up the pre-filled letters and change what I need to and then print. While it is odd and could cause some issues with employees changing info on letters to fake things I would be very annoyed if it did change since it makes my lien processes so easy :)
  • Trinicloud
    Trinicloud Registered User
    the reason they want to do this, is for it the match the number sequence their old accounting software used on the invoices they send out.
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    @Trinicloud Thanks for reaching out. Currently the sequence for invoices numbers cannot be changed. Yes you can change the actual form in setup but that means you would need to change the text for each customer one at a time. My suggestion is to use the number sequence from SiteLink going forward in the accounting software. There are a few reasons the sequence cannot be changed. The main reason is for tax purposes to track charges and taxes.  If you have further questions feel free to email support@sitelink.com.
  • Trinicloud
    Trinicloud Registered User
    @Trinicloud Thanks for reaching out. Currently the sequence for invoices numbers cannot be changed. Yes you can change the actual form in setup but that means you would need to change the text for each customer one at a time. My suggestion is to use the number sequence from SiteLink going forward in the accounting software. There are a few reasons the sequence cannot be changed. The main reason is for tax purposes to track charges and taxes.  If you have further questions feel free to email support@sitelink.com.
    Thanks for the reply.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads