"In Auction" legend in SiteLink

Hi, I'm new here but have a quick question: Does anyone know why we have people who are scheduled for our next auction, have been sent an auction letter with the associated fee, but they are not highlighted in the legend as "in auction". So how do I get tenants to show in pink as "in auction"?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have done the "Schedule Auction" and input the date and time (so they show up on the "Reverse Schedule Auction screen), then this seems to be a glitch.
  • NovatoSelfStorage
    NovatoSelfStorage Registered User
    Where do you find the "Schedule Auction" option? We do input time and date in the auction letter, but I have not seen a "Schedule Auction" option...?
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @NovatoSelfStorage
    you know on the left hand side where it says all your overlocks and pre liens and other daily procedures? It is in there
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It may not be set to show in your reminders list.  You can always access it from the button under Collections Calls that is Tasks and Letters.

If it's not there, you will need to turn it on under Setup: Past Due Schedule.

Once you process that task, they will show "In Auction."
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    As @MamaDuke7 said likely your site setup does not have scheduled auction and auction events turned on. In Setup->Past Due Schedule, edit the Scheduled Auction event, set the days late, letter to process, etc and select 'Used at this site'. Do the same for the Auction event. Now in Task & Letters or your reminders list you will see scheduled auction. Once you process the tenants and enter a date the tenants will be flagged as In Auction and show on the payment screen. 

• NovatoSelfStorage
    Thank you all! Very helpful. I did do as suggested but of course now we're getting everyone we've ever auctioned (even those we've moved out of the system) on the dashboard as "schedule auction". Any suggestions to get these people off without having to process them? Is there a way to just select "current tenants"? If there is, I am too blind to see it.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones we have already moved out, but are still there on our screen is due to them still owing us. I just process them with an auction date of Dec 31 of previous year so it clears them off.
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    SiteLink by default will include moved out accounts with a balance.  Instead of doing a auction date in past you could clear the bad debt on the account. This will zero out the account and remove them from scheduled auction.  Only write off the bad debt if you do not plan on collecting that amount.
  • NovatoSelfStorage
    Thank you all for help. You are so informative! Appreciate it.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads