writing reports

Options
dde
dde Registered User ✭✭
I found where to write queries in the reports module. I toughest part about writing queries isn't so much the SQL but trying to find the fields required. So, does anyone know the table that the merchandize is stored. I am looking for the vendor and our cost in particular but other fields too. There is a sample report showing those fields but I can't find them in the tables in the list!!

Comments

• JamesF
    JamesF Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options

There is a in built database in MySQL named ‘Information_schema’. This basically provides access to the database metadata like name of database,name of tables,columns etc. so for this purpose we will access a table named ‘tables’ in information_schema using following query.

SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema ='Database Name';

example

SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema ='test';

• Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    Options
    Another option is to view the schema in the in the report writer.  Click on Custom Reports, Click Query, select View Schema. Now you can drill down the tables for the specific piece of data you are looking for. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads