Paid thru date wrong after deleting future charges

Made a tenant a deal that he could pay November to May with May being free.

So I added future charges for November thru May and credited him $90 for May.

The tenant never came in to pay. He then went online and paid the month of November only.

Tried to contact him to see if he was still going to pay the remaining balance and didn't get in touch with him.

So I deleted the future charges and charged him the $90 for May. I could not void the credit because the daily closing had occurred already.

Now the paid thru date states he is paid thru April 20, 2020 BUT he is only paid thru November 2019.

How can I change this pd thru date please?

Thank you

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're going to need tech support for this one.  I don't think you can fix it on your own.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common issue with future payments and deleting of charges/payments. I see it a LOT thanks to workers applying payments via the wrong payment type, then instead of having it fixed right then they go ahead and take ANOTHER payment from the customer which shows them another month into the future.

It'd be nice if it was designed so if you had for instance Dec/Jan paid on an account, and Dec payment was reversed it would roll back Jan to cover Dec but that's not how it's designed. I usually re-add the charges manually, notate the account and go over it with the employee and that they need to be mindful of that account and the "true" paid thru dates.
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I have had issues with the paid to date, also. No one at tech could explain why the paid to date advanced or how to correct it other than to start all over, voiding the move in. Have done these before with no issue til the last month. Hmmmm.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    we do like Orkocean does and I also write on their receipts and initial everything if it is messed up. I also immediately put it in their notes just in case the owner is not around to change it while the customer is here.  
  • sdgr35
    sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭

Thanks, I have an email out to tech support. Just waiting for a response since sat. I guess I will try to call them now.

Unfortunately the tenant screwed this one up by only paying 1 month online and not the 6 months that we agreed to and that is why the charges were added. he said he was going online that day to pay full 6 months to get the discount of may free. Didn't think deleting the charges would cause the change in date.

• sdgr35
    sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
    OMG... so simple...tech called me back and it was an easy fix....just manually add back the charges and recalculate... then it changes the paid thru date back to the original date.  thanks for your responses.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdgr35 said:
    OMG... so simple...tech called me back and it was an easy fix....just manually add back the charges and recalculate... then it changes the paid thru date back to the original date.  thanks for your responses.
    This doesn't always work!  I have done it many times over the years!  I'm glad it worked for you.
  • Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I have found that if you create a second account and transfer the unit to it it will fix it but that isnt a very sexy way to fix.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads