Snails Pace

We are in the San Gabriel Valley of the Los Angeles Basin and the phones have been very quiet since Halloween. I have checked with my local Comps and they say the same thing. Is it just our area that has slowed to a halt or is it Nationwide. Occupancy has stayed the same, just no traffic.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    October was pretty much DEAD here inquiry/rental wise but this month has picked back up, we had more rentals in the first week than we had all of Oct. We even turned sparefoot back on as much as we dislike it and even with that we have only had 2 leads from it since Sept.

Of course it doesn't help when every other competitor around is using it as well and priced waaaaay below us and all we have is big units available so if you look at a sparefoot map of our area everyone else pops up with $30-50 range units and we're popping up $150+
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are in the OC beach area of Southern California.  We have been so dead the last 6-8 weeks it's insane!

Customers are visiting the property, especially to pick up holiday decorations, but no one is calling or coming in.  Crickets around here!
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    We are in the OC beach area of Southern California.  We have been so dead the last 6-8 weeks it's insane!

Customers are visiting the property, especially to pick up holiday decorations, but no one is calling or coming in.  Crickets around here!

Very similar in the midwest.  New rentals are decent but more move outs than normal.  I am getting ready to do a special with January Free.  I very very rarely do that!  But my general rule is Do you fish when the fish are biting or do you fish when the fish aren't biting?  If they aren't biting there isn't anything you can do to make them bite! 

• JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    I've been mostly dead all month. I think it's a nationwide thing
  • Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Steady but not Summer Busy in Las Vegas.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Monterey Bay Area; we have been pretty slow too. Running 93% full, but going days without even a call.

So many people are leaving the area.

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @teamcapitola such a nice area 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been seeing an ad pop up on indeed for a storage site in the monterey area for a month or so now. Hadn't looked into it though, I pretty much ignore any ad that wont be up front about who the company is and just wants to say how they're "one of the top in the industry". If that's the case you'd be open with who you are.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Orkocean said:
    I've been seeing an ad pop up on indeed for a storage site in the monterey area for a month or so now. Hadn't looked into it though, I pretty much ignore any ad that wont be up front about who the company is and just wants to say how they're "one of the top in the industry". If that's the case you'd be open with who you are.

Unless they pay above 50k a year, it's simply not worth it to move here; A two bedroom apartment goes for $2500/month in Santa Cruz, and Monterey is not far behind. Gets worse as you proceed north!

• Orkocean

Orkocean said:

Unless they pay above 50k a year, it's simply not worth it to move here; A two bedroom apartment goes for $2500/month in Santa Cruz, and Monterey is not far behind. Gets worse as you proceed north!

That's why we only look at live on's, easier to move anywhere that way :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads