MAY 2017 POLL: How often do you run a promotion?

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Miscellaneous Discussions
This poll is now closed.

MAY 2017 POLL: How often do you run a promotion? 69 votes

There's always a promotion!
59% 41 votes
A few times a year
7% 5 votes
Once a year
4% 3 votes
Only if things are really slow
28% 20 votes

Comments

• Thomas
    Thomas Registered User
    I never let the customer walk out the door. I will always offer them something.
  • ACSSMerrimac
    ACSSMerrimac Registered User ✭✭
    I also have unadvertised specials to make folks feel welcome just by walking in.  It can be unit price specials or free merchandise.
  • Trie
    Trie Registered User
    My facility is in the lease-up stage so every space has a special.

Safe Mini Storage #2

Huntsville, AL

http://safeministorage.com/

• Arealle
    Arealle Registered User

I personalize specials based on individuals. Whether it be $15.00 savings, or a free month. Close the deal!

Arealle Ortega

Manager

210-657-0564

• CarrieLacy
    CarrieLacy Registered User ✭✭
    We always have specials at Advantage Storage.  We strive to make our tenants, current & new, feel special be it a Move-In Special, Free Merchandise or Saturday Breakfast!!
  • Chad
    Chad Registered User
    I'll have to try the free breakfast promotion for current customers. Usually we have a unit price discount for move ins.
  • aaaministorage831
    aaaministorage831 Registered User

We run a promotion of pay 3 months in advance receive a 20% discount

Justin

AAA Mini Storage

Manager

http://www.aaaministorageca.com/

• Drew
    Drew Registered User ✭✭✭

Arealle said:

I personalize specials based on individuals. Whether it be $15.00 savings, or a free month. Close the deal!

Are you manually applying the discount or do you have them predefined in Sitelink?
  • FriscoRV
    FriscoRV Registered User
    At my property we consistently have a wait list, so we don't typically offer discounts or specials.
  • opss
    opss Registered User ✭✭✭
    Face it people like free stuff.

The bowl of candy in the office is a promotion.

A free lock is a promotion

Howard
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    opss, thanks for mentioning free stuff--minimal investment with a greater return because it makes people happy, and that can't be bad for business.
  • Connie
    Connie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified
    We will usually have a few units on promotion, but we always run a pay for 6 months (in advance) and get the 7th month free promotion.
  • opss
    opss Registered User ✭✭✭
    A happy customer generally stems from feeling appreciated. Since there are five major ways of receiving appreciation chances are you are only getting 20% of the people you are targeting.
    Read or google 5 languages of appreciation in the work place, Gary Chapman and Paul White. It will completely alter the meaning of promotion and the expectations of its efficiency.
  • opss
    opss Registered User ✭✭✭
    I would have to say my greatest promotion is the care and understanding I give my client with respect to their specific need.
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭

I try to provide good customer service and a general concern for the potential tenant. I will add something to the deal based on information from the customer. I try to give away as little as possible!

• storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    StorageKodiak--I couldn't agree with you more! 
  • craigbell
    craigbell Registered User
    Join your local Chamber of Commerce, a lot of our tenants come from their registry.
  • Amelina
    Amelina Registered User ✭✭
    We run a 1/2 off the first full month on a 10x5. Today I only have one and it's on reservation it is a popular unit size in this area due to the colleges and UTMB hospital.
  • DerekBrett
    DerekBrett Registered User ✭✭✭

We actually never run any promotions. Our area has such a high demand for units we have no reason to. We also don't take reservations. First come first serve. 500 unit facility 100% occupancy as of today.

• MMSMANAGER
    MMSMANAGER Registered User ✭✭
    We always offer our tenants a discount when paying in advance. 10% on quarterly payments, 15% annually. 
  • BReeZy
    BReeZy Registered User
    The best promotion is promoting goodwill and an an attitude of appreciation. Treating others as you would want to be treated. We treat our new, old, and wanna be customers like they are invited to be here. We sincerely hope to provide them with a treasurable experience. They will tell their friends about it! Keep the revenue in the company, don't give it away. 
  • PhilR
    PhilR Registered User ✭✭
    We have corporate promotions but often it's left up to the individual branches. i try not to discount the units but we do run push rates on site so the unit price will vary depending on occupancy. Nothing wrong with a free padlock or no admin fee promotion.
    Phil Rankin
    Site Manager
    Guardian Secure Storage Tauranga
    phil@guardianstorage.co.nz

• AZStorageGuy
    AZStorageGuy Registered User ✭✭✭
    I run an unadvertised "post-sale" promotion:

Pay your rent, keep your stuff another 30 days!

No minimum stay required.

Works like a charm for about 98.5% of my tenants.
     William McBride
  • holly_fiorello
    holly_fiorello CallPotential Moderator ✭✭
    We always have specials available, but we have just started to focus on once a month themed promotions. ie Mother's Day, Memorial Day Weekend, etc
  • Lori
    Lori Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified
    Promotions are a nice thing but it's easy to give things away.  My personal feelings are if you have friendly service, a clean, safe facility and a fair price you don't have to rack your brain thinking about give aways.  Just my opinion..
  • Sue_C
    edited May 2017
    Thanks to everyone for posting and participating in our first SiteLink poll! Results will be published in our newsletter, click here to subscribe.
    Click here to check out our June poll!
This discussion has been closed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads