Software update

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok it's nice having software updates but when did it change from telling us what was GOING to change to only telling us what has already changed?

In the past anytime one of these notices would come out I could click the link and read about all the new features/changes that were coming with the new update and know what to look for/expect. Now if you click the link it only shows you prior version histories *now the 10th being the most recent*. I want to know what changes to look out for and what to expect so if things go "wonky" which does happen with updates I have an idea of what transpired. I could be wrong but I feel this change in listing of the changes has been since the Storable deal took place. Am I missing a page somewhere when clicking the link perhaps or are the new changes really not going to be discussed until live?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not. They are announcing they will be doing an update for things they have already resolved. I suppose they need to hijack our systems to "fine tune" their already fixed issues ::shrug::   And it never fauls, after an update, something in SL is always thrown off for me that we have to go back and fix
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just loving all the "new wonderful great improvements" stuff to the software...things I don't use, and likely never will. (looking at you My Hub!)

I wish they would work on the core product...the actual POS/CRM everyone actually uses day to day!

All I've noticed is a slow slide of degrading performance.... and its not being addressed other than with the "yeah...BUT LOOK AT THIS HAND!!!" 

that's my rant of the day while I wait for Sitelink to compile a management report that used to take 15 sec.

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just loving all the "new wonderful great improvements" stuff to the software...things I don't use, and likely never will. (looking at you My Hub!)

I wish they would work on the core product...the actual POS/CRM everyone actually uses day to day!

All I've noticed is a slow slide of degrading performance.... and its not being addressed other than with the "yeah...BUT LOOK AT THIS HAND!!!" 

that's my rant of the day while I wait for Sitelink to compile a management report that used to take 15 sec.

And this is the exact reason we are looking into switching management software for our 4 locations!!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just talked this company into switching to Sitelink Nov of last year, so far it'll still be my preferred but I havn't experienced some of the newer options out their i've been reading about. Bad time to start making customers uneasy with your product after you send an email out recently talking about pricing increases.....
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing, @Orkocean.  I always read what was GOING to come out with the new version to be one-step ahead.  Not now ... and, yes @teamcapitola, appears as though Sitelink is putting most if not all of their resources into MyHub which is disappointing when updates and improvements need to be done on the existing product - which I would guess gets used the most.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing, @Orkocean.  I always read what was GOING to come out with the new version to be one-step ahead.  Not now ... and, yes @teamcapitola, appears as though Sitelink is putting most if not all of their resources into MyHub which is disappointing when updates and improvements need to be done on the existing product - which I would guess gets used the most.
    Maybe their plan is to eventually get rid of the software and just be online like their StorEdge product.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I did find an easy fix for when the web edition starts to "bog" down & stall. Everyone who was in that thread seems to be in this one too.

If you delete your Sitelink local database (the one on your computer. Close Sitelink and navigate to -->  C:/Program Files/Sitelink Web Edition/DB   -- Delete both files) it'll  pull a fresh copy from the servers when you restart Sitelink.

Its a different method of resetting the local database, and from what the tech said, tends to solve most of the stalling issues we've been seeing.

log into Sitelink and let it repopulate the local database (takes an extra minute to log back in) but it seriously makes a huge difference!

1833 Registered User ✭✭
    personally I have never had a problem with updates. I find when I do I just go do a manual update and all is resolved  site link  has always been great and the tech team ROCKS.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads