Oregon Aucton Ad - Template

Options
JoeV
JoeV Registered User
Hello, 

We just got a property in Oregon and need to list our first Auction. Does anyone have a template for an Auction Ad for the Bend Or Area? 

Thanks!~

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never operated in the state so not sure if they have specific criteria that most generic ads don't cover. Best suggestion I have in case no one here can help you is google storage auctions in your area and it should find legal notices from other sites and see what all they include.
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    Options
    Another option is to contact the State Self Storage Association.  Many times membership includes access to legal forms. Some state associations may have a form already formatted for the SiteLink software as well. 
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We started putting our auction items on StorageTreasures.com and getting $100 more than we would have with an onsite auction.  Less manpower on our end.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    We are in southern Oregon. We post ads in the local paper and craigslist.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STORAGE AUCTION: Friday, January 24, 2020. View units 12:30pm only, at (Our Facility),
    (Our Address and Phone Number)
    Units for sale:
    (Unit Name 1) (Tenant Name 1); (Unit Name 2) (Tenant Name 2)
    We don't cut locks and inventory unit before auction, so we don't list the contents.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    We are in southern Oregon. We post ads in the local paper and craigslist.
    STORAGE AUCTION: Friday, January 24, 2020. View units 12:30pm only, at (Our Facility),
    (Our Address and Phone Number)
    Units for sale:
    (Unit Name 1) (Tenant Name 1); (Unit Name 2) (Tenant Name 2)
    We don't cut locks and inventory unit before auction, so we don't list the contents.
    I'm surprised that you don't cut before hand. How many times have you had an auction, gone to cut locks and it's an empty unit where a tenant left a lock on it or just utter trash that could of been disposed of? I know every state i've been in has a list of items you legally can not sell and must remove if you see, I could see that being a headache with a crowd of people standing there if you have to remove guns, pills, alcohol etc..
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our auction regulars actually prefer the untouched units. We do get empty or worthless units, and they know to turn in anything they should (It is specified in the auction aggreement / rules). We usually have enough salable units to keep everyone happy.

We do photograph and note the general contents when we open the unit in front of everyone.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads