auction-corono virus

LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
With all of the State of Emergencies due to corono virus. are storage facilities still having auctions   or do we need to wait til all is clear 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would hold off if you're doing live auctions.  There is too much unknown right now, and it's not worth taking a risk.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Our governor just said no evictions until May does that apply to auctions? I think we should hold off, I am just trying to gauge what everyone else thinks to talk to the owner
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two auctions that were scheduled before this hit the fan.  I'm thinking of moving ahead with them as I only get about 4 people attending my auctions on a good day and it's all outside.  We'll see if I change my mind ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • KarenPenrod
    KarenPenrod Registered User
    We are suspending for now. The governor of Texas just said no groups of larger than 10 and since we do live auctions this would apply to us anyway. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CVSSSTORAGE - I'm moving forward with the one I had in process before things went bonkers. It's set for 4/11 and is online so not worried about large groups. We did postpone starting liens on any new customers for the time being though.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Anyone in Illinois moving forward with their auctions? We usually "sell" them to someone who is willing to clean then out as it is usually not worth anything. I have not seen any guidance on whether we are allowed to move forward or if we have to hold off. I have about 5 units where the tenant has not responded in months nor have they made pymt :( 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @BusyProperties
    I would call your auction company and find out. we are waiting to hear from ours about our May 8th auction.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone in Illinois moving forward with their auctions? We usually "sell" them to someone who is willing to clean then out as it is usually not worth anything. I have not seen any guidance on whether we are allowed to move forward or if we have to hold off. I have about 5 units where the tenant has not responded in months nor have they made pymt :( 
    I'm in Wisconsin and according to WSSA, we are allowed to auctions units.  I would check with the lawyers at IL-SSA to see what they say.  If you are not worried about bad press the auctions might bring, having months with no response and this virus lock-down not going away any time soon in Illinois ... I would be seriously thinking of moving forward with the auctions.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    @i43storage Thank you for your insight. I sent a couple of emails out last week with no response. From what I can tell it is just residential evictions. I did send another email so hopefully someone gets back to me. The units I have listed have no intention on making any payments.
  • i43storage
    @BusyProperties  That certainly is the most frustrating part, when you know they have no intentions of paying.  I especially hate sending out the certified letter and paying for the ads in the paper when I KNOW it is simply going to be returned to me as undeliverable or unsigned for. 

If they are units that are in high demand, are you allowed per State statute to move it to another space?  Another nice new law that Wisconsin just adopted was if the property is deemed less than $100, we do not need to auction it.  We can simply dispose of it.  THAT is a real time & money saver.

Best of luck!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @i43storage
    depends on your state here in California we are but when we do it we wait until lock cuts and have the locksmith there to take pics and even video so they cannot say we took anything and then he seals up the new unit
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    @i43storage
     I have been told not to dump any units every no matter the value. To always go through with the auction. Depending on what lawyer you talk to they will tell you you can but then if the customer finds out it never went to auction they could sue. There is also the chance that the bag of clothes somehow had grandmas antique ring in it that was worth thousands 
  • i43storage
    @CVSSSTORAGE   Yes, indeed.  That's why I stated "are you allowed per State statute?"

We do take pictures of anything we deem less than $100 in case they complain.  They will need to prove that grandma's ring existed, the value of said ring, and that it was indeed in the unit while I WILL be able to prove that I followed the letter of the law and made a reasonable determination no such gem was hiding in the garbage ... AND I have serious doubts that anyone who does not pay their unit of old clothes has the money to file the necessary small-claims court paperwork, hire and attorney, and go to trial.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • jefjam7812
    jefjam7812 Registered User
    Everywhere I go, I See Corona Posts :(

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads