PTI or DigiTech or ?

Options
JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
We have a remote site that we have been using WinSen Sentinel for gate access since 1993.  We were a beta test site for Remote Access.  For a variety of reasons I am considering changing and am looking for suggestions & input.  Thanks Julie

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have PTI paired with StorLogix and love it! Strongly recommend! Easy to navigate and user friendly. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I second what @ESS said.  We also use that combination and it works well.  It also integrates well with Sitelink.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The PTI stuff is good, though we actually broke with them when our DigiGate system finally died. We had problems getting support so we switched to Sentinel just because we could always get a real person to respond.

I would still usually recommend PTI. They seem to be the best supported, software wise,  and most popular. Their hardware seems very reliable.

• JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    The PTI stuff is good, though we actually broke with them when our DigiGate system finally died. We had problems getting support so we switched to Sentinel just because we could always get a real person to respond.

I would still usually recommend PTI. They seem to be the best supported, software wise,  and most popular. Their hardware seems very reliable.

Great people at Sentinel.  I just have trouble getting anyone with knowledge/experience with remote access.  I sometimes question the hardware prices but don't have anything to compare to.  Issues with the Lantronix device for Remote communications via internet. I can buy one for less than $150.00.  But Sentinel charges almost $500 because they program it.  I am sure my IT guy can do that but Sentinel apparently doesn't release the needed info. 

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JulieAton yeah, their prices do seem a little high to me, but like you said, they program the devices and need to keep some proprietary information. I think most of the access control companies do that, though.

Just a side note: I really liked DigiGate because it allowed 10 digit gate codes. Our Sentinel keypads only accept 9 digits, and the interface program choked whenever Sitelink sent it a 10 digit code. Instead of changing 950+ codes (and notifying the customers) I created a band-aid that converted the codes whenever Sitelink synced up. 

Their support guy didn't really like that, saying "so its an unsupported configuration, then."

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads