Online Rental - Reserve first, then rent?

kenmore
kenmore Registered User, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
It looks like a prospective tenant can either Reserve a unit online, or Move In Now, but not a combination. Suppose a tenant wanted to make a reservation, and then subsequently rent the unit using their deposit. Has anyone looked at this? I can't seem to figure out if it's possible.
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you click Reserve, it takes you to a screen with all your info.  As you complete that, there is a button for Reserve and a button for Express Move-in "Save time at Move-In. Complete your rental now!"  The customer selects the one they want to use.
  • kenmore
    Yeah, I see that, but I'm talking about 2 different transactions. First, a reservation, with a deposit paid. Then, perhaps a few hours or a day later, return to the reservation and do the Express Move In. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I have a reservation, I send a booking confirmation which has the link for them to complete the rental online.  New keyword <Reservation.OnlineMoveInURL> gives that link.
  • kenmore
    Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! Frontline Hero Status granted.
  • kenmore
    Do you know if this new keyword is only available if Online Rental is turned on? Not in my keyword list....
  • MamaDuke7
    It's only available on a document in the Reservation category.
  • kenmore
    Many thanks.
  • kenmore
    OK, my Booking Confirmation form has Reservation as category, but still not seeing the new keyword. I've asked SL Support. Thanks for the help!

• MamaDuke7
    Try running a live update.  The day it was added, I couldn't find it either.  So I did the update and then it was there.
  • kenmore
    Another question for those who have been using Online Move In already. If I have an existing tenant, can they rent an additional unit online, and have that new unit added to their existing account so all units show up together? I would assume they would first have to have an online account, and then I'm guessing they would have to be logged into that account? Help me out here. MamaDuke7?
  • MamaDuke7
    edited May 2020
    They will just do a regular online move-in.  Then you can link the accounts under Company: Utilities.  The hidden menu is Shift-Ctrl-T.  Move Ledger to another tenant.  Choose the new unit on the left and the existing unit on the right and click transfer.  Then they all show up on the same tenant page.
  • kenmore
    Another question, sheesh! When a customer rents a unit online, at the end of the process they receive a confirmation email:

Hello John Tenant

Thank you for setting up your account with Peoples Storage - Kenmore. We hope that you will take advantage of the many features your online account has to offer, like:

• 1. Online Payments
    • 2. Online Reservations
    • 3. Online Rentals
    • 4. Access to your account ledger
    To log into a site use the email address and password you entered when you registered.

Unfortunately, in our testing, we were never asked to set a password, and therefore could not access the account we set up.

Where can I find and edit the contents of this email?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kenmore - It should be located in your Form Setup.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • kenmore
     Thanks Jean Marie, do you have the name of the form?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be different for each company, sorry.  If you sort your forms by "Used" perhaps you will find it easily?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads