Your best unruly tenant story...

jLee28
jLee28 Registered User ✭✭
I think we could all use a little humor and I know we all have thousands of stories to tell. I'll start with my most recent...I went out of town to visit family over Memorial day weekend, arrived back home around 11 pm (we live on-site), my husband did a walk-thru as always because we are located in not the best part of town. Noticed a unit with no lock on it, opened it up to find a butt naked homeless woman sleeping on the ground in her unit. I'm pretty sure my poor husband is scarred for life!  :D

Comments

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    we had a tenant who swore we were cutting his lock nightly and rearanging his items. I tried multiple times to tell him we had no reason to go into his storage to move things around and had we cut his lock we have no way of putting it back together. He thought we were going through his personal files to get his social and other things. Months of him accusing me because his rolling closet was moved a little bit and I explained to him his neighbors were possibly moving stuff around and hit his unit causing it to move. I grabbed a yellow lock and cut it to show him we cannot put it back together. He swore we knew a locksmith who did it for us. I had the last straw when he demanded the owners phone number and I said sir you can go ahead and get your stuff out. If you feel you have been a victim of a crime please call the police otherwise we are done here. The sheriff came and said listen we are just humoring him is it ok if he moves out today? He owed for the month but I was over it. He got his stuff and left and the officer was amused for the day but he was a handful
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CVSSSTORAGE that reminds me of a lady at one of the properties I dealt with in Miami. She swore someone was getting into her unit and moving her boxes around. First time obviously we took her serious and went to inspect, no lock issues or anything were found. Then she kept coming in claiming it and that now someone was going in and pouring water over her boxes. She was on the top floor of a building and next to a window so the little bit of water damage she had I tracked down to a leak which I took care of. The damage itself was just a wet box and nothing major but she still called the cops out, they humored her and told her the same thing that her lock isn't cut and there's no evidence of theft as she said her stuff isn't missing, just moved around. She then started to wrap her lock in tape to the point it was about the size of a tennis ball and she would come almost daily, cut tape off, go in unit, then retape and leave. I left her alone until she started the habit of cursing and screaming loudly while in her unit to the point you could hear it on the other side of the building. Had to be some mental issues going on but we were done with her at that point and served her a lease termination. 

Nowhere near my best but definitely made me remember that one reading yours. A few of the issues I can recall off top of my head... I've had multiple times of people in my face inches away threatening me, cops called on tenants who can't comprehend math and refuse to leave the office when they start going off, homeless in units, couples getting "busy" in units, couples physically fighting each other on property, a guy locking his girl in a unit and leaving her, looking up camera footage to see wtf one of my unit doors has scorch marks to see the girl trying to blowtorch her lock off *same girl I caught on camera taking our cart off property and I went to her homeless spot and reclaimed it while telling her to get her stuff off my property,  finding a unresponsive guy on the ground on property and thinking he had a stroke so EMS called, i've been called every name in the book and somehow i'm racist because people owe money and can't get in their units *Nashville was odd, that only happened there and about 4 times in less than a year*, and on and on and on.... they really could make a tv show about a storage facility that doesn't revolve around auctions.
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I really think people not in the storage business think this stuff is made up. No limit to the human mind...
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @Orkocean
     the math thing is so true if your rent is due on the 6th you will not get a late fee until the 16th. So many people are like should be tomorrow and I am like 10 days 6+10=16 and they still argue I have to count with my fingers to show them like I am talking to a kid. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CVSSSTORAGE yup, we have a yelp review at my main site from a lady I dealt with who wanted to brag how she's a teacher yada yada and we're all stupid because she couldn't comprehend that if you moved in on the 30th, you're due on the 30th of every month, not the 31st. She couldn't understand why she owed again when she tried moving out on the 30th. Then wanted to throw another fit when I stopped her from trying to dump a large ugly 70's era sofa in front of our dumpster that had a big "no dumping - $200+ fine" sign in their face.
Was that you laughing?
Go ahead and LOL a post. Reactions are a fun and easy way to express your feelings!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads