JUNE 2017 POLL: Have you tried SiteLink myHub?

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in SiteLink myHub
Have you tried SiteLink myHub?

JUNE 2017 POLL: Have you tried SiteLink myHub? 55 votes

Yes, I use it frequently
27% 15 votes
Yes, but only sometimes
40% 22 votes
No, I've heard of, but haven't tried it
29% 16 votes
What's SiteLink myHub?
3% 2 votes

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've tried SiteLink myHub, tell us what you like-or don't like-about it!
  • Climateguard
    Climateguard Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I really like the Dashboard!
  • AZStorageGuy
    AZStorageGuy Registered User ✭✭✭
    I would like to see it available as a native app on a smartphone.
     William McBride
  • Sue_C
     Hey @AZStorageGuy, apps are really convenient. I'll see if development has thoughts on that. Stay tuned...
  • Sue_C
    edited June 2017
    AZStorageGuy, the development team got back to me right away and here's the thinking regarding apps:

Native Apps are very limited and cannot handle the level of functionality that is offered by myHub.  SiteLink myHub will automatically adapt to the screen size of the device that is accessing it and provide you with an excellent user interface.

So there it is! It was a great question that I know others were thinking too, so thanks for putting it out there.

Edit: Check this out, this may be what you're looking for: Save a shortcut to SiteLink myHub as an icon on your smartphone or tablet

• AZStorageGuy
    AZStorageGuy Registered User ✭✭✭
    Makes sense to me.  That just means Sitelink is too beefy for an app format!

Thanks, @Sue_Community_Mgr.
     William McBride
  • Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    edited June 2017
    @AZStorageGuy - another thing to consider regarding mobile apps. Development can be slower since separate coding is needed for each platform's app (Mac, Android, Windows, etc.) Upkeep is also cumbersome, as every new iOS, Android or Windows mobile update can cause problems and require retooling.

Since web browsers, for the most part, abide by a standard language, SiteLink is able to focus on core development instead of platform nuances. And as already stated, greater functionality is available through myHub as a browser-based interface, instead of it being a native app.

Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
      |  Chief Marketing Officer
  • AStorage
    AStorage Registered User
    Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't seem to be able to do some basic functions, like email invoices and past due notices, enter inquiries and reservations, or pull some reports.  Are these functions still being added?
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I used to take the company laptop home with me every day in case I needed to look at someone's account. It used to take me 5-10 minutes waiting on the computer to start and logging in to Sitelink. Now it takes me just a few seconds. I also love the fact that you can jump from one facility to another without having to log back in every time.
  • Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    AStorage said:
    Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't seem to be able to do some basic functions, like email invoices and past due notices, enter inquiries and reservations, or pull some reports.  Are these functions still being added?
    Correct @AStorage, SiteLink myHub is still growing in functionality. It works in conjunction with SiteLink Web Edition, providing convenience for certain tasks and will eventually contain all functionality of Web Edition and then some.

Currently under development for SiteLink myHub is the addition of Inquiries and Reservations which should be released in the next 2-3 months. The addition of the Site Map is also under development and a priority. We will post announcements in StorageForum, in our monthly eNewsletter and via other avenues once new feature are available. 
    Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
  • Dallas_Dogger
    Dallas_Dogger Registered Moderator, SiteLink International ✭✭
    myHub will evolve and updates are regular. As users adapt to its use, more functions are added. Stay tuned for more features!
    Dallas Dogger
    SiteLink International
    www.sitelinksoftware.com.au
    +61 7 3889 9822
  • moreno1957
    moreno1957 Registered User
    It great for home use.
  • Sue_C
    Good point, @moreno1957, the mobility of myHub makes it easy to check in from home too. Thanks for adding that.
  • MiBOXNJ
    MiBOXNJ Registered User ✭✭
    So i attempted MyHUB from my tablet at home last night but couldn't do much other than stare at the screen and scratch my head.  Dont think for Portable storage it is going to work.
  • Chuck_Vion
    MiBOXNJ said:
    So i attempted MyHUB from my tablet at home last night but couldn't do much other than stare at the screen and scratch my head.  Dont think for Portable storage it is going to work.
    Correct, SiteLink myHub is not compatible with the Mobile Storage version of SiteLink Web Edition at this time.
    Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
  • MMSMANAGER
    MMSMANAGER Registered User ✭✭
    MyHub was a lifesaver when we had a computer crash last month.
  • PhilR
    PhilR Registered User ✭✭
    Started to use it more and more. It'd be great to see some of the web edition items come on line overtime. Things like the reminders, calendar, collections items etc.

We receive an banking report from our head office every morning and we enter each AP with the date back-dated to the previous day so it matches the bank statements. It'd be nice to see that feature added as things progress. I looked at adding in all the banking via myHub rather than the web addition but I think the web edition will be quicker at this stage.
    Phil Rankin
    Site Manager
    Guardian Secure Storage Tauranga
    phil@guardianstorage.co.nz

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

We recently had a power outage at our facility. We were able to continue taking payments using My Hub on our smart phones!

Absolutely love it! 

• Sue_C
    Thanks all for voting in our June poll about myHub. We're glad so many people are using myHub, and please keep an eye out for future myHub updates! Please continue to ask questions and give feedback about myHub in the SiteLink myHub category.

Results of this poll will be published in our July newsletter. Click here to subscribe.

*NEW POLL POSTED* Weigh in on our July poll about social media.

Thanks again everyone for participating and commenting!

This discussion has been closed.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads