Apply discount plans with past due balance

Options
benjex
benjex Registered User
Hi you all... Any way to apply a future discount plan while there is a past due balance? or how to apply them retroactive without getting a credit applied?

Answers

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a charge is on an account, it has to be a credit. Discounts = future charges / Credits = existing charges. That's just how it is with sitelink. You can always add future charges and discount whatever it is you are wanting to discount to those charges.
  • benjex
    benjex Registered User
    Options
    I agree... but when I want to apply a discount plan on current month to the next one, and the customer has some unpaid balance doesn't allow me to apply it unless I make a credit or the tenant make the payment.... 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you clicking the "add future charges" box? Checking that should add a future charge to the account and then if you go in to "Edit charges and payments" the discount field should be a light blue box that allows you to type in it to put in whatever discount is needed *assuming your security levels allow this*
  • benjex
    benjex Registered User
    Options
    That's the point... we have locked the option to avoid someone types manually a discount without ask for an authorization... so instead of use this option we foster chose a pre-set discount plan... but the last one is the one is not able to be applied if a balance is due... we will verify that you have suggested anyway... 
  • benjex
    benjex Registered User
    Options
    Dear Orkocean thanks for your help... I got the matter about my question above.

When the unit has a discount plan applied and also a past due balance... SL doesn´t allow me to apply a new discount plan even for future months... unless the customer paid the balance or making a credit for that ... is there any way to delete a discount plan already applied... or apply a new one over the existing one? If so how can I do it? the goal is avoid make a new credit... thanks in advance
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    benjex said:

When the unit has a discount plan applied and also a past due balance... SL doesn´t allow me to apply a new discount plan even for future months... unless the customer paid the balance or making a credit for that ... is there any way to delete a discount plan already applied... or apply a new one over the existing one? If so how can I do it? the goal is avoid make a new credit... thanks in advance
    To delete an existing discount plan on account, go into the tenant's ledger settings, in the middle under Non-Expiring Discounts click box for Remove Plan.  Sitelink does not allow more than one discount per account, you would either have to delete existing discount and add new one or wait for the current discount to expire than go into edit pymts and charges, add a future rent, than on left side select new discount and make sure you select ok, which will bring you back to main page of tenant's acct and click ok again.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads