Adding longer note to tenant's account

rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
Notes are limited to a certain number of characters resulting in having to add longer notes twice.  So you wind up reading the last part of the note first then reading the first part of the note last.  Any way getting around this, i.e., can you add a long note, that exceeds the character limit, to notes without having to cut it in half?

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long of a note are you trying to leave? We can leave pretty long and detailed info, even copy and pasting customer emails in to ours. Think off the top of my head the longest I can recall is about half the note screen worth of space.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine cuts off after about 4-5 lines of text. I just have to type: "Cont. frm prev. note:"  when I start the 2nd portion.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I'm with @Orkoean, I can cut and paste a whole email page.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • rmason
    I'm like ESS.  I can only get 4-5 lines.  Is there a setting for this?
  • rmason
    Just ran a test.  I can get 20 plus lines using only 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc to 20 (no text).  Ran a second test with a doc that has 15 lines of text.  It copied over everything thru line 10.  So the space must be limited to a certain number of characters.  Sounds like an interesting Sitelink call.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to pin notes to the top!!!!!
  • rmason
    Called Sitelink with my question.  After holding for 5 minutes the answer to my question was buy a monitor with a higher resolution.  Doubled checked to see if I dialed the right number.  Go figure.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess I have a bigger monitor and higher resolution *facepalm to that tech answer*. 
    My line test went to 50 which I stopped at because I was tired of typing it out... Filling in a note with full text got maxed out as below. Also have emails copied in that take up about half of my screen worth of notes.

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    Well I guess I have a bigger monitor and higher resolution *facepalm to that tech answer*. 
    My line test went to 50 which I stopped at because I was tired of typing it out... Filling in a note with full text got maxed out as below. Also have emails copied in that take up about half of my screen worth of notes.

I'm gonna need a bigger monitor with higher resolution...I can only get a max of 8 lines.  :#

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 14 lines on my new monitor, so that's good enough for any story I may need to write!

My question is...if I can put it in like that but then need to look at it on a different monitor, will it show me the whole thing, or will it pare it down to what THAT monitor would handle if writing a new note???  Hmmmm...
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MamaDuke7 I just tested that idea. Once saved, the notes will not change if viewed on a smaller or lower resolution monitor.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @themage - thanks for testing and satisfying my curiosity!
  • rmason
    News Update:  Logged in to the weekly Sitelink Help webinar and asked my question about a character limit in the Notes section.  The Sitelink Guru said, "Yes there is a character limit, but I don't know what it is".  When I told him I could get only six lines and then it gets cut off, he said "Wow that a lot of text".  Wanted to ask him about getting a larger, high res monitor to get more text, but figured I'll save that for another slow day.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads