Online courses to deal with irate/hostile customers?

SJC
SJC Registered User
Does anyone know of a good online course to take for dealing with irate/angry customers? Can be difficult to diffuse the situation at times.  

Answers

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know of any course, but I'm sure they are out there.  I read a great book called, "God help me!  These people are driving me nuts!" by Popcak

Good luck! 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think any course or tutorial is going to make a a huge difference. It comes down to the person dealing with the irate person, if they can maintain their calm and continue to function professionally during the situation then listen to their issues, address the ones that have merit point by point and go from there.

If they're just irate to be irate and refuse to listen or have an adult conversation they can leave my office and come back when they want to discuss the matter in a civilized manner. I've walked people out of my office telling them that and i've had to call cops on those that continue to cause issues and refuse to leave. 
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I have found speaking low and very soft made them stop talking/yelling to hear what I was saying. Usually worked after a few times.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads