Selling Unit's Contents From Out of State

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
Tenant in NY wants to sell her unit's contents here in FL remotely.  We will not be involved.  Only option I could come up with is an estate sale where the company  removes the contents from the unit, stages elsewhere, and conducts the sale.  All dealings between tenant and company.  Any thoughts?  

Comments

• Rio
    Rio Registered User
    Options
    What is going to happen to items that do not sell?  I would be hesitant even though you would not be involved.  I would be inclined to have the seller tell the buyer they must take everything, just like an auction. I would make sure they remove any items they do not want, not leave them behind for you to dispose of. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We do not allow tenants to sell contents on site.  I don't like the idea of non-tenants on the property except when I have them sign in for an auction I am running.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treat it like any other tenant. If items are left behind and there's no lock; lock it at their expense and continue to charge rent. You still have a contract with the original tenant and you can't be held responsible for their "business ventures".
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I would tell the tenant that if the company comes and takes everything at one time that would be fine.   As long as the company has the gate code and the key to the unit it is just like any other move-out.   I would not like multiple people on the property buying random things out of a unit, and then having the possibility of having to deal with the left-overs.   

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads