Camera set up for those that do not have gated access

We have cameras set up at our locations however they are mostly for entrance, exits and around the perimeter. Obviously this does not allow us the "proof" we need if someone's unit is accessed without permission. Does anyone have information on getting cameras set up to view down each aisle? For some reason after spending thousands of dollars there is always a reason (wiring, internet, etc) for not being able to view down the aisle which is what I need. Thank you in advance! 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    It can certainly be done if you have the right people do the job.  I have 1600 units in 2 buildings of 3 floors each.  And I have cameras on every single aisle...just under 200 cameras to do this huge property.  They all show on monitors in the office.  

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, seeing down the aisles is nice. You have to have someplace to mount the cameras, though, so if they are not indoors, you need a wall or a pole conveniently located. If the buildings are high enough, you can stretch a beam across the road, or hang a boom,  to mount a camera. Otherwise, you would have to mount the camera on the corner of one building which will let you see the doors on the opposite building and down the aisle, but you couldn't see the doors on the near side. It is possible to mount a camera and a mirror so you can see both sides as well as the aisle.

You can also have cameras mounted at ground level that can get a decent view. More maintenance, though.

If wiring is an issue, you can use "wireless" cameras (still have to wire for power). Our neighbor facility has every camera on a wireless antenna. It seems to work for them, but I would say choose wired if it is an option.

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    It can certainly be done if you have the right people do the job.  I have 1600 units in 2 buildings of 3 floors each.  And I have cameras on every single aisle...just under 200 cameras to do this huge property.  They all show on monitors in the office.  

Holy Cameras, Batman!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    @i43storage that is a lot of cameras! We have around 600 units between three locations and only two locations have 5-6 cameras each. You have the perfect set up :)@themage what you are explaining as far as cameras on the end of buildings is what we currently have. Our office is 15 miles or so from each location so I would prefer to have them wired. I may need to contact someone from a bigger town. I just don't think that anyone around here knows what we are asking for. Thank you both for the info!  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads