gate system

LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
Sick and tired of PTI {digigate} such bad response time     what other gate systems being used

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't actually recommend any of them, except to say we had PTI (Digigate) and switched to Sentinel, and so far their support is better.

My advice would be to find a gate system with local support, or someone local who knows what they are doing with the gate systems.
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
    Anyone familiar with a local company in NEohio for gate?
  • AlanKeller
    AlanKeller Registered User ✭✭
    I've always found PTI's customer support to be worse than terrible. It appears that they truly don't care about the customer once the sale is made. We've learned how to fix many things ourselves and then we just pray.
  • ShedStuff
    May I ask how you were able to fix things ….Our sitlelink software is not connecting to the gate ..any thoughts on a fix?
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Our Company pays for the premier package with PTI so that we are considered priority, I usually get a call within the same day. I did recently have the same connection issues, turned out that my new computer did not sync IP addresses with PTI StorLogix gate system. PTI had to fix that for me. I used to have DigiGate, Hated it. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always hear complaints about PTI but it's still my preferred system with Storlogix. We have sentinel at this and my last site, I hate it. You want to reboot your PC to do some work on it that may require it to be down for a few? Go open your gate and turn it off in the open position because if your gate PC isn't up with the software up, your gate ain't working. That's a no beuno design imo. Our site with Storlogix I can watch the gate logs on my phone and even open the gate with my phone if I need to.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    I always hear complaints about PTI but it's still my preferred system with Storlogix. We have sentinel at this and my last site, I hate it. You want to reboot your PC to do some work on it that may require it to be down for a few? Go open your gate and turn it off in the open position because if your gate PC isn't up with the software up, your gate ain't working. That's a no beuno design imo. Our site with Storlogix I can watch the gate logs on my phone and even open the gate with my phone if I need to.
    I have had my share of frustrations trying to get through with Sentinel customer support; however, our gate does work even when my computer is down.  It will not update with any move-in's/move-out's/lock-out's/etc., but it will work with the last known information.  Perhaps it is a setting ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    I have had my share of frustrations trying to get through with Sentinel customer support; however, our gate does work even when my computer is down.  It will not update with any move-in's/move-out's/lock-out's/etc., but it will work with the last known information.  Perhaps it is a setting ...
    Interesting, ours has to have the software up at all times. If it's ever closed for any reason the gate is non responsive.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Sentinel, it will depend on which keypads you are using. Their older style needs a computer to do all the work. Their newer ones have their own controllers built in and only need the computer for updates and settings changes.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

We use PTI, and I've seen that they now have a "preferred status" add on that you can pay for to give you better tech support... which I think is stupid.

• ShedStuff
    I don't feel you should have to pay for better customer service ...we've been with PTI since 2007 ..with that philosophy what do we get for being loyal ? As well why would I pay more money to not have the phone answered and full mail boxes as that's what I get when trying to PTI ON PHONES....
    It's hard times I get it but that would make me more conscious of my customer service and customer happiness!
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    We have the preferred with PTI.  It just annoys me that you cant get tech help on the phone when needed. That you have to wait. And yes that you have to pay for that also
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    ShedStuff said:
    May I ask how you were able to fix things ….Our sitlelink software is not connecting to the gate ..any thoughts on a fix?
    I'm not sure if this fixes will work for you or not. I have shut the gate down at the box for maybe 5 minutes when it was not communicating properly and I have actually unplugged the gate relay for about 5 minutes as well. Have you tried "Sending all to Falcon"? I have used all of this "fixes" in the past. I was told by PTI to make sure to restart the computer daily as well.
  • themage
    It has been to long for me to remember exactly, but there were times we had to completely reset DigiGate, reload the settings and then reload all the unit info. If I remember correctly, it would take us about 20 minutes.

Another issue we had was the cable between the computer and Digigate. We were using a USB to 9 pin serial adapter, and some windows updates would make it stop working. Eventually, we had to get a newer adapter. Check the windows device manager to see if there is a yellow triangle on any ports or devices.

These are specific to DigiGate, I don't have any knowledge of PTI's own systems like Falcon.
  • ShedStuff
    Thanks for all the help and feedback...our IT people actually reached out to Sitelink for some thoughts and ended up finding we were not connected properly between the two! All is working presently!
  • ttrame
    ttrame Registered User
    I think it depends on your local service tech.  Ours is wonderful.  He will stay it until solved.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads