Manual Daily Activity Log

Do you use a manual daily activity log?  If so, how is it helpful?

Comments

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yes, we do.  It helps us to not forget anything we are supposed to do. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I did when I had a maintenance guy that thought stuff on his phone while hiding off camera was more important than doing his job.  He had to initial each item each day!  And I was very specific!!!

In the office, I keep a lead sheet on paper.  I could not get the employees to use the lead to lease for anything but actual reservations or waiting list.  If they just inquired, they didn't note them anywhere!  Can't follow up that way, so the paper list is at every computer terminal.  🙄
  • ACorona
    ACorona Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    We do, it helps us keep track of our "to-do" items that could be easily forgotten like pulling weeds, cleaning the golf cart, and how many times we've checked the property or halls. We also keep track of new rentals, move outs, and units to unlock by writing the unit number and checking off next to it once it's been unlocked or cleaned. 
    Alyssa Corona
    www.rentess.com
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife has always used a daily checklist she makes for each site so it's tailored to that sites needs and such. That's just how she is though as she likes structure and to keep her from forgetting things. Personally I don't use one. Maybe one day I will need to but for now I still have a pretty damn near photographic memory so I go by it. 

Regarding @MamaDuke7 and lead to lease not being used. What is with people refusing to use this? EVERY company i've been with it's like pulling teeth trying to get other workers to realize the importance of properly tracking and logging every lead. At Westport it got to the point we full on disabled the Move In button and made all rentals be done via the Lead to Lease to force workers to at least use the feature. They would still get caught not logging all leads though. Not only can you not follow up that way but higher ups don't know what a real problem a site is having if it's struggling to rent. They'll see it as a lack of leads when the real issue is a worker who can't close a door much less a lead. 
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    I have a daily list, a weekly list, a monthly, a quarterly and an annual.  I love lists!
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Due to COVID changes I need to redo all of my "check lists" and instructions! I normally don't use them.  However working from home and going to the facilities I need the structure.  With all of the SL changes through the years I also need to redo all of my SL cheat sheets/instructions so someone else will have some idea of what to do!  Our school system is going back to eLearning Monday.  Will take advantage of the opportunity to "train" my daughter & 16 year old granddaughter!  However I think my daughter will still be working at the school some because her department is Vocational and they can't do much eLearning. 

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro-active checklists are great. 
    We did have a "fill it in as you go" log, but honestly I spent more time filling it out than doing the tasks.
  • Daisyjane
    Daisyjane Registered User
    Hello from Abilene,  We use a daily check sheet also.  I created a daily view sheet. It contains all the sizes and prices and then I list two units [if available ] for each size. Every Saturday those unit listed are re-swept so we can show the clean units.  I inspect them to make sure they are clean.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads