Site Link Training

150clintonrd
150clintonrd Registered User
Where can I find online training for a new employee? I'm relatively new to using SiteLink myself and I'd like to have some tools to utilize when my new hire starts.  
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
  • 150clintonrd
    Thank you.  This looks like it will be very helpful!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @MamaDuke7
    Hi, @150clintonrd -- please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like help with too. I'd be happy to connect you with someone or some additional resources :) ~Amy C. 

• 150clintonrd
    Amy C, thank you.  I'm really just looking for a way to practice a few move-ins without actually moving anyone in. As nice as it would be if all our rentals were online, most of my rentals have so far been walk ins.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @150clintonrd When I'm wanting to practice or just piddle around to learn, I use the Demo mode. You get the same functions, but no worries about messing up your own stuff. At your main login screen, change all the info to demo (corp code, location code, user name, and password will all be: Demo). Hope that helps your hands-on experience!
  • storable_support
    Yes! Great advice (as always), @ESS! Hope this helps you, @150clintonrd :)  

• CoffeeZilla
    CoffeeZilla Registered User ✭✭✭
    I'm also trying to train a new employee, and we're using the Demo version of Sitelink web edition. We tried to take a credit card payment for a fake tenant, but it won't work unless it's a real card. I'm not about to put my cc info into the demo version just so Halle Berry can spend 1k on her unit and max my card out. Is there a fake cc number we can use that the demo version will think is valid? I really need the new guy to see what happens after you take a cc payment.
  • storable_support
    edited December 2020
    I'm also trying to train a new employee, and we're using the Demo version of Sitelink web edition. We tried to take a credit card payment for a fake tenant, but it won't work unless it's a real card. I'm not about to put my cc info into the demo version just so Halle Berry can spend 1k on her unit and max my card out. Is there a fake cc number we can use that the demo version will think is valid? I really need the new guy to see what happens after you take a cc payment.
    Hi @CoffeeZilla. Thanks for posting this question! You're correct; using your personal info is not a good idea as this demo data isn't secure. Instead, you can just make an offline payment. You can enter *1234 in the credit card field, (any valid expiration) and 5 digits in the auth field (12345). I hope this helps!
  • CoffeeZilla
    Hi @CoffeeZilla. Thanks for posting this question! You're correct; using your personal info is not a good idea as this demo data isn't secure. Instead, you can just make an offline payment. You can enter *1234 in the credit card field, (any valid expiration) and 5 digits in the auth field (12345). I hope this helps!
    Will using the offline payment method take them to the next screen that asks if they want to be added to autopay? We're about to try this out! Thanks!~
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will using the offline payment method take them to the next screen that asks if they want to be added to autopay? We're about to try this out! Thanks!~
    It may not since you didn't add a full card number.
  • CoffeeZilla
    MamaDuke7 said:
    You're right, it didn't. Just as an experiment, he used his card info for $1, and it didn't charge him, but he got to see the whole process. There are a few things he's still not gotten to see, and I'm trying to tweak it so he can see all the features, the way the demo version is set up, without knowing each step, he's passing over some things that we have disabled which he needs to see.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    You're right, it didn't. Just as an experiment, he used his card info for $1, and it didn't charge him, but he got to see the whole process. There are a few things he's still not gotten to see, and I'm trying to tweak it so he can see all the features, the way the demo version is set up, without knowing each step, he's passing over some things that we have disabled which he needs to see.
    You can edit the settings in Demo mode to match your facility, for the most part. I do this when training here, such as the required info for starting a lease, making the lease printable instead of esign (we don't do esign), stc.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads